Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#76 2010-06-17 16:55:42

sade1125

Re: About the Exercises

having a daily exercise that could help enhance your skill would be a great thing to do lets say an hour or two daily would be very ok for those who want to learn great technique and i found those exercise as mentioned on this thread is very useful.

Last edited by sade1125 (2010-06-17 16:57:24)

#77 2012-04-21 21:23:27

rosatily

Pour l'exercice, je pense qu'il est nécessaire, parce que nous vivons dans une telle période tendue, la pression sera grande, il ne faut pas avoir le temps d'exercer, de sorte que le corps n'est pas très bonne, mais le corps aurait une incidence sur la Si nous insistons sur l'exercice du corps et l'esprit sont une bonne aide.

#78 2012-04-21 22:13:40

Bob
Administrator

Bonjour Rosatily

Bienvenue dans l'forum.

Bien sur, mais ce site est seulement pour l'esprit .  smile

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#79 2012-04-21 23:34:20

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Wow,Bob! You surprised me!

“Here lies the reader who will never open this book. He is forever dead.
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
The knowledge of some things as a function of age is a delta function.

#80 2012-04-22 00:46:33

Bob
Administrator

Moi,  je peux parler français, un peu, je pense.

Mais, je suis le meilleur à l'anglais, n'est pas?

smile

Bob

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#81 2012-04-22 04:01:04

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Wow,it's so good Fench that Google Translate messed it up. You are really good! up

Last edited by anonimnystefy (2012-04-22 04:01:30)

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

#82 2012-04-22 06:45:23

Bob
Administrator

Thank you for suggesting it was google translate that had it wrong.  smile

Bob

#83 2012-04-22 07:24:29

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Yes,Google Translate is very bad wit good language.

#84 2013-02-13 14:56:44

Mathegocart

bob bundy wrote:

Moi,  je peux parler français, un peu, je pense.

Mais, je suis le meilleur à l'anglais, n'est pas?

smile

Bob

omg.you are aazing *claps*

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#85 2013-05-09 21:53:11

mathaholic

Well, maybe I will just see some more of bob bundy's French.

Last edited by julianthemath (2013-05-29 18:23:48)

Mathaholic | 10th most active poster | Maker of the 350,000th post | Person | rrr's classmate
smile

#86 2013-12-18 18:43:03

TracyBidwell

Devantè wrote:

No problem. I just got a little confused when you said 'number the excercises'. smile

I'm making some more as we speak. smile

Same here. Can you give us?

Habeeb Akande
“If you are not working towards something, your life will end with nothing.”
― Habeeb Akande

#87 2016-10-07 04:53:48

dilipamandas

Find the equation of the circle which passes through the point (2,0) and whose center is the limit of the point of intersection  of the lines 3x+5y = 1; (2+c)x +5c^2y=0 as c tends to 1

#88 2016-10-07 05:21:52

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

This is a test question from the CBSE.

This question may violate copyright. All future answers may be deleted.

How to use a forum:

All forums are there to converse and answer questions. It is a great opportunity to get help. But all forum members are under an obligation to do the right thing. To cause no harm.

Lao Tsu wrote:

If you give a hungry man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. - old Sicilian saying

Most forum members will not answer homework or test questions. I will under certain conditions, if the questioner shows that he has tried and failed many times, I will give the answer if I can. This process of trying and failing is extremely important. It teaches perseverance and the right type of thinking. Dealing with failure is mandatory, since we will fail every day that we live.

I can give you the equation of the circle in terms of c. It is a bit involved and long. But I can not try to help unless I know where you need help. So, what have you tried to solve this? Let me see what you think.

Loopholes: There are always ways out of any predicament and no one knows that better than me... You posted this in Exercises, all of the above comments are basically for Help Me! If you know the answer and are posing this as a problem for others to solve then I will just blurt out the answer before anyone else does. I was the fastest in class, at work and just about anywhere else. True, I ain't 25 anymore but at 96 and toothless I will still take on any whippersnapper in a forum and on the trail.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#89 2019-01-26 22:20:15

Kamov50K

Okay, I'm digging up the topic, but it's a sticky, so it isn't that bad... Right?

Anyway, what I wanted to say was: is it possible to ahve some kind of "difficulty level" along with the exercises? I've browsed to the forum and have found almost only things I don't even understand. Not things I can't solve, but things I don't understand at all... I've come here with a rusty high school level of mathematics as to get better, and now I just feel lost. Sorry for having suh a low level, but I'm here to solve that issue!

#90 2021-12-16 02:04:37

pamshaw

I find arranging new things very fascinating. That is because back in my time, it was everything to be done by yourself. Thus, most of us did not consider doing all the hard work for a little pleasure. Having short math exercises is always fun. The best thing I remembered was solving different word problems from a dedicated book. And this was around ten years ago. Back then, technology was not as such as it is now. Technology has advanced so much that creating such exercises is easy and accessible.
Thus, I love the idea of generating creative and indulging short exercises regarding math concepts such as algebra, basic word problems, trigonometry, etc. However, there is one thing which we need to adapt, and that comes from the idea of websites. They have everything arranged in different sections for easy identification. Thus, having math problems, we must arrange them in specific sections only; thus, people easily begin an exercise knowing where their interest and strength lies.

Board footer