Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2013-07-16 02:11:20

Agnishom
Real Member
Award: Wink Sherlock

Weird Words Wired

Can February March?
No, but April May

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
'Who are you to judge everything?' -Alokananda

#2 2013-07-16 02:27:28

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Re: Weird Words Wired

There were two cats, 1 2 3 cat and un deux trois cat. They had a swimming race from England to France. Who won?
1 2 3 cat, because Un deux trois quatre cinq.

Why was 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 8 9.

The limit operator is just an excuse for doing something you know you can't.
“It's the subject that nobody knows anything about that we can all talk about!” ― Richard Feynman
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

#3 2013-07-16 03:09:44

Agnishom
Real Member

A π is only half a pie. (180 degrees)

An ambassador is one who lies in a foreign land for his country.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#4 2013-07-16 04:41:16

ShivamS

Explain catre cinq.

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#5 2013-07-16 04:42:55

anonimnystefy
Real Member

Well, "un deux trois quatre cinq" is French for "one two three four five", but "quatre cinq" is read almost like "cat sank".

The limit operator is just an excuse for doing something you know you can't.
“It's the subject that nobody knows anything about that we can all talk about!” ― Richard Feynman
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

#6 2013-07-16 04:45:47

ShivamS

smile

I have discovered a truly marvellous signature, which this margin is too narrow to contain. -Fermat
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. -Archimedes
Young man, in mathematics you don't understand things. You just get used to them. - Neumann

#7 2013-07-16 13:37:28

Agnishom
Real Member

A small arthropod flew in and sat on a dog.

Dog: Are you a mite?
Arthropod: No, but I mite be.
Dog: That is one of the worst puns I've ever heard.
Arthropod: I made it up on the fly.

#8 2013-07-16 20:44:19

bobbym
Administrator

That was mitey funny!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

Board footer