Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-25 21:20:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Patriotism Quotes

Patriotism Quotes

1. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

2. We, the People, recognize that we have responsibilities as well as rights; that our destinies are bound together; that a freedom which only asks what's in it for me, a freedom without a commitment to others, a freedom without love or charity or duty or patriotism, is unworthy of our founding ideals, and those who died in their defense. - Barack Obama

3. Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. - Samuel Johnson

4. Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it. -  George Bernard Shaw

5. It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind. - Voltaire

6. The greater the state, the more wrong and cruel its patriotism, and the greater is the sum of suffering upon which its power is founded. - Leo Tolstoy

7. Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them! - Albert Einstein

8. Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons. - Bertrand Russell

9. Each nation feels superior to other nations. That breeds patriotism - and wars. - Dale Carnegie

10. Patriotism is usually stronger than class hatred, and always stronger than internationalism. - George Orwell

11. It is but refusing to gratify an unreasonable or an insolent demand, and up starts a patriot. - Robert Walpole

12. It was patriotism, not communism, that inspired me. - Ho Chi Minh

13. Our nuclear scientists and engineers have done a splendid job, and naturally, the entire nation has risen to salute their professional excellence, discipline, and patriotism. They have had the benefit of having been led in the past by great men like Homi Bhabha and Vikram Sarabhai. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

14. Love and business and family and religion and art and patriotism are nothing but shadows of words when a man's starving! - O. Henry

15. True patriotism is better than the wrong kind of piety. - Abraham Lincoln

16. Patriotism is an ephemeral motive that scarcely ever outlasts the particular threat to society that aroused it. - Denis Diderot

17. I don't want to see the military falling. I want to see the military rising to dignified heights of professionalism and true patriotism. - Aung San Suu Kyi

18. To me, patriotism is about working ethically and wholeheartedly in our chosen field. N. R. Narayana Murthy

19. Granted, patriotism is not a tonic that can be forced down people's throats. - Naseeruddin Shah

20. When a nation is filled with strife, then do patriots flourish. - Lao Tzu.

kidsinfrontofflag.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2022-03-26 05:14:18

navyboy484

Re: Patriotism Quotes

Patriotism

Just how I want to start my day

-navyboy484

Board footer