Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-12 07:42:53

victoria_odhiambo

love and feelings

has anyone had someone they cared about so much that when the person they loved had to leave them, go away or dumped you you felt as if you can't stop thinking about them? I wonder how men/boys take it.

girls express it thorugh friends, and sometimes hold it in.

please comment.

:d smile

#2 2008-08-12 09:18:02

careless25
Real Member

Re: love and feelings

You should watch Hindi movies and then you will understand what a boy feels.:lol:roflol

#3 2008-08-12 10:36:41

MathsIsFun
Administrator

It is bad for both boys and girls. Boys don't often talk about it, so it is worse for them in a way.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2008-08-13 03:27:40

victoria_odhiambo

I watch african movies. i'm not familiar with hindi movies though.

wink

:d smile

#5 2008-08-13 03:29:50

careless25
Real Member

I was just joking about that and i totally agree with MathIsFun.:)

#6 2008-09-13 16:26:39

Tigeree

victoria_odhiambo wrote:

has anyone had someone they cared about so much that when the person they loved had to leave them, go away or dumped you you felt as if you can't stop thinking about them? I wonder how men/boys take it.

girls express it thorugh friends, and sometimes hold it in.

please comment.

*cry cry cry* It's horrible, sad I like a guy but i can't tell him or ask him out or anything because he's like one of my best friends.

The other day everyone had to make a friends list and i was on his and then i was like thistouched and i just felt so accepted and i nearly cried. and now i can't stop thinking bout 'im.

But i do wonder how dudes handle it.
I Only told 1 of my friends that I like him I can't trust the others.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#7 2008-09-14 01:19:04

LQ
Real Member

Dudes like me don't care about it/shouldn't get emotional. In every situation you can stay non emotional, that way you never get hurt nor feel good, you lessen the potential of going to the place we must not name or mention, and you can virtually go anywhere without it altering you, would you ever get that good at it. Ofcourse then you would be some kinda blubb, I think about yoda in this situation. How he tried to avoid hating and disturbing the force. feelings may decieve you and cause you to be hurt or the other way around which anywho isn't very nice. Avoid it you must, lest you will pay. Never succomb to the dark side, or it will forever dominate your path. Basically you shouldn't do anything. It's rotten, whatever it is, whatever you do, whomever you are.
Does not need to be replied, really. Obviously I'm not the kind of dude you mentioned.

Last edited by LQ (2008-09-14 01:20:51)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#8 2008-09-14 01:58:11

Daniel123

LQ wrote:

Dudes like me don't care about it/shouldn't get emotional. In every situation you can stay non emotional, that way you never get hurt nor feel good

How sad. I totally disagree. Life isn't worth living without passion and emotion.

Last edited by Daniel123 (2008-09-14 01:58:52)

#9 2008-09-14 03:51:57

LQ
Real Member

Every good thing takes a bad thing.
I don't focus on emotical things cause I don't want to go to hell nor heaven at someones cost.
I believe eternity of the bad thing could be anywhere, no point indulging the slightest or it might get you in harms way.
I believe you can train.. Can get very well at not focusing.. I wouldn't know that though very well.

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#10 2008-09-14 14:24:58

John E. Franklin

I haven't cried in front of any woman at work yet, but
I did cry at home before I burnt a hat I bought that I
was going to give her, and then she was sarcastic sounding
and so I thought I'd give up on her.  Now I'm still
not sure and found another hat I crocheted last year,
that would be appropriate.  Time will tell.  I talk to
her a little, but approach the whole thing slowly and
carefully so I don't turn her off and get turned down.

igloo myrtilles fourmis

#11 2008-09-17 12:27:54

Tigeree

I change my mind I don't lyk that guy anymore ..... much, but we're still friends. I think I will go for his best friend instead, who's my friend as well but he's pretty new and a little shy. Which is kinda cute in a way. Just as long as my other friends (and the other guy I, until recently, lyked) don't find out.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#12 2008-09-17 12:44:00

blank_brunette

hmmm. wow tigeree...nice xp xD
my best friend recently started going out with my last ex boyfriend and i know that i shouldnt care, but i do...alot. relationships drag.
so does the whole concept of "love"
its really opened my eyes, especially since i recently started reading "Romeo and Juliet"

In this world of cheerios, be a fruitloop! ♥

#13 2008-09-17 17:22:59

Tigeree

Shakespeare rolleyes wot does he know, seriously. ur best friend! u should care bout that. it's horrible.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#14 2008-09-18 11:17:39

blank_brunette

haha...very true...and thats exactly what i said to the teacher, but she said that he was considered to be a poetic genuis...or something like that...and i know...but what bothers me is that i know she will get hurt from him...i know him and he is going to do something stupid....my god, this chicken is good.:)..lol sorry. anyway, i feel horriable, and well....i have bigger problems at the moment anyway...=/

In this world of cheerios, be a fruitloop! ♥

#15 2008-09-19 06:13:13

Sonic the hedgehog

victoria_odhiambo wrote:

I watch african movies. i'm not familiar with hindi movies though.

wink

Have you wathed a Leon Shuster movie,I have and their so funnyroflol

I would not want to be a politician... Let me tell you this: If I was campaigning, and I go against my opponent and he started attacking my character, and I leap over the table and choke him unconscious, would that help my campaign? --Chuck Norris--

#16 2008-09-19 12:07:37

Tigeree

umm ... ok. Anyway back to the subject at hand. 
I feel so bad sad  I really do still lyk him. it's lyk he's constantly stuck in my head all the time. His friend on the other hand well I don't lyk him or anything much... but he's lyk sweet.... in a weird way       
He doesn't talk much but when he does everyone laughs. We stared at each other the other day. It was amazing, lyk he saw right inside me.... but it didn't last long our friends were still around u see. I have to find out his birthday... .. yes thats wot i'll do.....
But when i'm around the guy I originally lyk, oh let's just call him ****** there, I can feel the blood rushing to my head, it burns in my cheeks, which eventually makes my eyes water. ..... wot am i gonna do? ....... dunno hmm sad

And Sonic, luv ur avator. wink

Last edited by Tigeree (2008-09-19 12:15:41)

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#17 2008-09-29 22:35:54

mastermind786

careless25 wrote:

You should watch Hindi movies and then you will understand what a boy feels.:lol:roflol

lol

#18 2008-10-06 19:04:53

Tigeree

I have no idea what Hindi movies r lyk.... but lol anyway.

The other day I got asked out by my friend, he's been lyk my friend 4eva,  and stupidly I said yes. sad
It's so complicated. Lyk when he lyks me i don't lyk him and vice versa. Then it becomes simple but not much coz then it becomes complicated again. We've kept it secret tho and now I don't know wot 2 do. sad  I'm never gunna tell my mum, she reckons he's 1 of the best people in the world. rolleyes

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#19 2008-11-03 11:43:47

Daniel123

I change my mind about what I said.

Relationships are rubbish. Nothing is worth feeling as bad as they inevitably make you feel. You'd have thought that we'd have evolved not to feel emotion. It just gets in the way.

EDIT: I'm confused. I don't know what I think.

Last edited by Daniel123 (2008-11-03 12:17:30)

#20 2008-11-03 18:22:14

All_Is_Number

Love stinks unless you're in it. Such is life.

You can shear a sheep many times but skin him only once.

#21 2008-11-03 19:09:12

Devantè
Real Member

Life is love.

Love is life.

#22 2008-11-18 14:02:32

Amalcas

Emotions are a powerful motive force for humans; hence the name. The problem is that we often confuse them as being the sole motive force; that is, the cause. I tend to view them as very high level results, to the contrary of this. Actually, emotions are, in a number of ways, safeguard mechanisms evolved to encourage us towards "good" (survivally speaking) behaviors, similar to pain, except also capable of positive reinforcement, and more complex responses.
The problem is not within emotion itself. Without emotion it would be extraordinarily difficult to simply get out of bed in the morning, much less go through the day, as we are motivated largely by reward and punishment, for which emotion is an inbuilt system; depression isn't fundamentally a disorder of sadness, but a disorder of emotions as a whole, a supression of this system of reward and punishment (which leads to a deepseated sort of sadness).
Depression, however, is not all bad; controlled depression of emotions could in fact be a useful tool to deal with the overwhelming onrush of stimuli provided by the modern world. To this end, I have spent six years or so developing, at first by the accident of becoming rather uncontrollably depressed, a system of controlled depression. After developing the rudimentary technique, I learned that it is quite similar to the meditative mindset and techniques employed by Buddhists (which, incidentally, increase activity in the brain related to happiness, not sadness). In essence, one attempts to remain in the meditative mindset while continuing about one's daily tasks, with it eventually becoming ingrained in one's general mental behavior; with greater practice, the "depth" of the mindset can be varied, from full meditation to (nearly) none, allowing almost any degree of emotional involvement.
Now, strong emotions are obviously harder to depress, and stress throws a wrench in the system; for example, I have been working the hardest I ever have, juggling multiple responsibilities, for the past few months, culminating in working 18 hour days for the past three weeks, and I have returned to just about the same level of emotional control and output as six years ago, which only makes matters worse. But not to complain.

Now, how does this relate? Having spent about two years of my life in a state where the only "emotion" I felt to more than the weakest degree was tiredness, I can assure you that emotions are quite nice, even some of the "negative" ones; some forms of sadness (the kind a good song might invoke, for example) are actually quite enjoyable, in a peculiar way.
I would encourage you to try out a little meditation if you're frustrated with emotion; you don't have to learn yoga or how to sit in the lotus position (I sure can't), but starting with the basic methods will teach you the mindset, which you can then begin to apply to your life as a whole.

#23 2008-11-24 09:20:42

greenisfab88

careless25 wrote:

i no ve seen hindi movies.
but sumtimes they are really dreamatic!

#24 2008-12-08 06:24:03

g3org3m

Yes I've had it happen... it's always heartbreaking if you truely love them, but can also be heartbreaking if you dont love them, just being emotionally attached or simply used to being around someone constantly causes you to think about them all the time when they leave. But if you feel like you've lost a part of them, or lost them as your partner/friend or they are leaving the best thing to do is just pass time and try to forget about them. Yes its easier said than done, but its the goal you should try to reach to cause yourself less heartache, occupying yourself and your mind by doing activities (even if they seem pointless) is good, talking to people is ESSENTIAL, the more people you are around or have to talk to the better. After some relationships you will start to realise that you should hold back your emotions towards people, and not give everything you have, because the chances are very high you will get hurt, but this is of course what you need to learn... its all about experiencing. My advice would be to go ahead and do what you feel will make you happy, your likely to get hurt... sometimes much worse than others, but you will ALWAYS learn from it, and even though while your hurting it feels like the world will end, you will see after time that you are stronger and the next time it happens its much easier to handle. And you will also realise that nobody is perfect for anybody, everyone has flaws, and theres always plenty more fish in the sea, no matter how great the person you were with is, that doesnt mean you cant find the same or better happiness elsewhere... and anyway, your own company is best smile

If you have been dumped the best thing to do is think about the bad things they have done, the things you dont like about them etc so that you get angry rather than hurt. Think about them dumping you as a rude thing to do and not a hurtful thing, then things will be easier. Guys tend to not talk to people as much as girls about their problems, especially love problems, but they should find the right ones to talk to, family/friends/counsellers, and not be embarrassed because everybody loves somebody and goes through similar things smile

Im talking too much now, hope it helped tongue

#25 2008-12-08 06:32:17

g3org3m

@ Tigeree

The reason why you "like" eachother at different times is because its a game, you may not realise it, but it happens naturally, im guessing your pretty young so this is especially normal. if you aint, then sorry tongue but without noticing your showing them how much you like them to a point where you give up a little bit, its at that point the other one realises a change and they arent getting as much attention, so they run after you a bit... then vice versa. Simple answer to your problem: have fun!!!! dont open your emotions too much if theres a chance your gonna be together, if your too much friends then going out with them isnt bad, just make sure you dont lose the fun and laughs you always had and dont let it get too serious too quickly smile be open when talking and talk about the things you do in a jokey way at first if it feels weird and awkward.

Last edited by g3org3m (2008-12-08 06:33:04)

Board footer