Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-20 02:08:33

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

What was wrong?

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Rick the computer guy, to come over. Rick clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call. As he was walking away, I called after him,
"So, what was wrong?"
He replied,
"It was an ID ten T error."
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired:
"An ID ten T error?
What's that ... in case I need to fix it again?"
The computer guy grinned....
"Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"
"No," I replied.
"Write it down," he said, "
and I think you'll figure it out."
So I wrote out ...... I D 1 0 T

An out-of-towner accidentally drives his car into a deep ditch on the side of a country road.

Luckily a farmer happened by with his big old horse named Benny.

The man asked for help and the farmer said Benny could pull his car out.

So he backed Benny up and hitched him to the man's car bumper. Then he yelled: 

Pull, Nellie,
pull!

Benny didn't move.

Then he yelled

Come on,
Pull Ranger!

Still, Benny didn't move.

Then he yelled really loud:

Now pull, Fred....
pull hard!

Benny just stood there.

Then the farmer nonchalantly said:

Ok, Benny...
now pull.

Benny pulled the car out of the ditch.
The man was very appreciative but curious. He asked the farmer:

I really appreciate that, but why did you call the horse by the wrong name three times?

Why, old Benny's blind, and if he thought he was the only one pulling, he wouldn't even try.

New Orleans lawyer sought an FHA loan for a client. He was told the loan would be granted if he could prove satisfactory title to a parcel of property being offered as collateral. The title to the property dated back to 1803, which took the Lawyer three months to track down.

After sending the information to the FHA, he received the following reply (actual letter):

"Upon review of your letter adjoining your client's loan application, we note that the request is supported by an Abstract of Title. While we compliment the able manner in which you have prepared and presented the application, we must point out that you have only cleared title to the proposed collateral property back to 1803. Before final approval can be accorded, it will be necessary to clear the title back to its origin."

Annoyed, the lawyer responded as follows (actual letter):

"Your letter regarding title in Case No. 189156 has been received. I note that you wish to have title extended further than the 194 years covered by the present application. I was unaware that any educated person in this country, particularly those working in the property area, would not know that Louisiana was purchased, by the U.S., from France in 1803, the year of origin identified in our application.

For the edification of uninformed FHA bureaucrats, the title to the land prior to U.S. ownership was obtained from France, which had acquired it by Right of Conquest from Spain. The land came into the possession of Spain by Right of Discovery made in the year 1492 by a sea captain named Christopher Columbus, who had been granted the privilege of seeking a new route to India by the Spanish monarch, Isabella. The good queen, Isabella, being pious woman and almost as careful about titles as the FHA, took the precaution of securing the blessing of the Pope before she sold her jewels to finance Columbus' expedition.

Now the Pope, as I'm sure you may know, is the emissary of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and God, it is commonly accepted, created this world. Therefore, I believe it is safe to presume that God also made that part of the world called Louisiana. God, therefore, would be the owner of origin and His origins date back, to before the beginning of time, the world as we know it AND the FHA. I hope you at the FHA find God's original claim to be satisfactory.

Now, may we have our loan?"

The loan was approved.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2008-01-20 06:26:08

MasterofDisguise

Re: What was wrong?

roflol HAHAHAHAHA im dying here *CHOKE CHOKE*UGGGG im dying here literally!

(im an ALIEN eek) im kool tongue (WHAT what You cant steal my fridge!)]

#3 2008-01-20 10:46:07

power man

HAHAHAHAHAHAH LOL LOl LOL roflol

I hate people who hate people.
most people make mistakes, butt not me! smile smile
why     is     it     when     you     are     writing     something     important     you     run     out       of        spa

#4 2008-01-20 14:47:45

bunnie

Lol!

boredom is not good

#5 2008-01-23 00:30:31

lightning
Real Member

i think ive heard the ID ten error befour but ive never heard the rest and they are sooooooooooooooooooo funny ahahahahahaha ha

Zappzter - New IM app! Unsure of which room to join? "ZNU" is made to help new users. c:

#6 2008-01-23 02:49:44

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

On opening his new store, a man received a bouquet of flowers. He became dismayed on reading the enclosed card, that it expressed "Deepest Sympathy". While puzzling over the message, his telephone rang. It was the florist, apologizing for having sent the wrong card. "Oh, it's alright." said the storekeeper. "I'm a businessman and I understand how these things can happen." "But," added the florist, "I accidentally sent your card to a funeral party." "Well, what did it say?" ask the storekeeper. "'Congratulations on your new location'." was the reply.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#7 2008-03-16 04:21:31

coconut

i like that id ten t error one that guy was such an i d 1 0 t

shimmy shimmy coconut shimmy shimmy nut

Board footer