Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-05 15:07:56

mason777

Nature Vs Home work

Whats with home work,We get it 5 times a week and people in collage get it 5-7 times every 3 dayswhat what swear
It has an effect on nature beleive it or not, it also kills trees.:| give me some reasons why home work is bad for the world... Im protesting against home work in my school next year im running for school presadent! Give me some hints for that to.... big_smile
we da people we need no homework! what
I know this ha snothing to do with math but i got bored and did this...

Last edited by mason777 (2007-11-06 12:47:45)

Man, what a pain...

#2 2008-01-19 02:32:54

MasterofDisguise

Re: Nature Vs Home work

It...polutes when it is thrown away or burned/eaten by dog
roflol

(im an ALIEN eek) im kool tongue (WHAT what You cant steal my fridge!)]

#3 2008-01-27 22:58:52

NullRoot

I dunno. I would think that paper (partly) digested by an animal would make a pretty good fertilizer.

Trillian: Five to one against and falling. Four to one against and falling… Three to one, two, one. Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can’t cope with is therefore your own problem.

#4 2008-01-27 23:37:27

Zach

Homework is independant study and a primer for you to be capable of doing work on your own when you leave school, because you're obviously incapable of doing so without it. It also helps improve your abilities in the language field you are using; which you appear to be having trouble in.

Homework is a good thing and will not be removed from schools or other educational establisments because it mirrors work's reports you'll have to do in a set time frame. If you don't do it, you don't get "detention" or "scolded". No. You get fired.

Nature is large enough to not whine about how we're cutting down trees to make paper out of, so it can get over itself.

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

#5 2008-01-28 20:14:22

Kargoneth

Zach wrote:

...which you appear to be having trouble in.

Oh, the irony...

Zach wrote:

Nature is large enough to not whine about how we're cutting down trees to make paper out of, so it can get over itself.

Pretty much. Besides, if the forces of nature want to put an end to our herbicidal ways, they will just rain fire upon us or worse...

#6 2019-12-22 15:28:16

Monox D. I-Fly

Zach wrote:

Homework is independant study and a primer for you to be capable of doing work on your own when you leave school, because you're obviously incapable of doing so without it. It also helps improve your abilities in the language field you are using; which you appear to be having trouble in.

Homework is a good thing and will not be removed from schools or other educational establisments because it mirrors work's reports you'll have to do in a set time frame. If you don't do it, you don't get "detention" or "scolded". No. You get fired.

I am... genuinely surprised that Zach spilled out some wise words...

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#7 2019-12-22 16:56:36

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
Zach wrote:

I am... genuinely surprised that Zach spilled out some wise words...

Knowing Zach for a long time, he is very smart!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer