Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-11 20:21:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Presence of mind

A Commerce University graduate goes for an interview for selection to a nice job. The interview panel consists of five people of whom one is the chief. The chief asks the candidate whether he would like to be asked one difficult question or ten easy questions. The enterprising candidate prefers the one difficult question. The chief picks up a paper from the dustbin and tears of some portions and asks the candidate where the center of gravity of the paper is. The candidate thinks for a moment, then takes his pen and marks a point on the paper saying that point is the center of gravity. The chief asks him how he discovered that that point was the center of gravity. The candidate replies saying that he should be asked only one question, as he chose it that way. The candidate is selected with high ranking.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2007-12-12 00:01:13

JohnnyReinB

Re: Presence of mind

Sometimes, when someone asks me if they can ask me a question, I usually tell them that they already did. Like that smile

"There is not a difference between an in-law and an outlaw, except maybe that an outlaw is wanted" wink

Nisi Quam Primum, Nequequam

#3 2008-01-06 07:13:46

MasterofDisguise

JohnnyReinB wrote:

Sometimes, when someone asks me if they can ask me a question, I usually tell them that they already did. Like that smile

I do that to my brothers but they just keep asking "can i ask u another question?" and i say u just did but they wont stop *sigh* they r annoying like this ------->swearswear

Last edited by MasterofDisguise (2008-01-07 00:31:39)

(im an ALIEN eek) im kool tongue (WHAT what You cant steal my fridge!)]

#4 2008-01-06 22:05:11

JohnnyReinB

they have to say: "can I ask you (number of questions asked already plus  one) questions?"

"There is not a difference between an in-law and an outlaw, except maybe that an outlaw is wanted" wink

#5 2008-01-06 23:34:58

MasterofDisguise

yes they do but they dont understand

#6 2008-01-06 23:44:23

JohnnyReinB

if they already asked 3 "can i ask a question?" add the one they will ask next plus one more for another question after.

After 3 questions, they should say, "can I ask5 questions"

#7 2008-01-07 00:30:45

MasterofDisguise

i guess but my brothers dont really know that

Board footer