1. Factorize the following using the expansion formulaes:-
2. Factorize by splitting the middle term:-
3.Factorize the following expressions:-
5. Find the quotient and remainder, if any, when
6. The area of a square is 4x²-12x+9. Find the perimeter of the square in terms of x.
7. Using division, state whether (x-3) is a factor of x²+2x-15.
11. The sum of two numbers is 5040. If 10% of one number is equal to 8% of the other number, find the numbers.
12. One of the angles of a triangle is equal to the sum of the remaining two angles. If the ratio of thse two angles is 4:5, find the angles of the triangle.
13. Stephen and Neil can together finish a piece of work in 10 days. Stephen alone can do it in 15 days.
14. A, B, and C together can complete a work in 8 days. A and B can do the same work separately in 20 days and 24 days respectively. In how many days can C complete the work alone?
15. Two inlet pipes fill up the swimming pool in 10 hours and 15 hours respectively. An outlet pipe can empty the pool in 8 hours. If all the pipes are turned on together, in how much time will the empty pool be filled up completely?
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.