1. Factorize the following using the expansion formulaes:-
2. Factorize by splitting the middle term:-
3.Factorize the following expressions:-
5. Find the quotient and remainder, if any, when
6. The area of a square is 4x²-12x+9. Find the perimeter of the square in terms of x.
7. Using division, state whether (x-3) is a factor of x²+2x-15.
11. The sum of two numbers is 5040. If 10% of one number is equal to 8% of the other number, find the numbers.
12. One of the angles of a triangle is equal to the sum of the remaining two angles. If the ratio of thse two angles is 4:5, find the angles of the triangle.
13. Stephen and Neil can together finish a piece of work in 10 days. Stephen alone can do it in 15 days.
14. A, B, and C together can complete a work in 8 days. A and B can do the same work separately in 20 days and 24 days respectively. In how many days can C complete the work alone?
15. Two inlet pipes fill up the swimming pool in 10 hours and 15 hours respectively. An outlet pipe can empty the pool in 8 hours. If all the pipes are turned on together, in how much time will the empty pool be filled up completely?
It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi.
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.