Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-26 02:06:20

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

My generation Vs yours

A very self-important university freshman attending a recent football game, took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.
"You grew up in a different world. Actually, an almost primitive one," the student said loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. "The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon and our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light speed processing and...," pausing to take another drink of beer.
The senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, "You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young. We invented them! Now, tell me, what are you doing for the next generation"?
The applause was resounding.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2007-10-30 19:55:58

soha
Real Member

Re: My generation Vs yours

nice one hahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaaah:)

"Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success!" smile smile
- David O. McKay

#3 2007-10-31 00:06:34

LuisRodg
Real Member

Meh sad

young generation > old generation

tongue

Last edited by LuisRodg (2007-10-31 00:06:49)

#4 2007-10-31 00:33:51

Zach

chav.jpg

That is the 'young generation'.

Old Generation > Young Generation. QED.

Boy let me tell you what:
I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a fiddle player too.
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you.

#5 2007-10-31 03:20:17

mathsyperson

Not to worry, looking at the top of that picture it looks like he's about to be abducted.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

Board footer