Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-12 04:11:09

Opichem
Novice

A solo scientist new to the forum

Hi everyone!

I think the last time I signed up for a forum was in 2008-2009 (a long long time a ago!). I always have a chequered history with Maths, especially back during the scholar years when one had to face the acrimony and lack of understanding of the average math teacher who blinds you with Science in every single explanation. But I discovered the 'Math is Fun' website during my postgraduate years, and I fell in love with it!!. I know it is a bit late but I am totally decided to get ready with Maths.

So very nice to meet you all!

By the way, my interests are Maths, Pharmacology, Microbiology and Computer Sciences (and right now I am getting a bit obsessed with calculus, geometry and Black Holes).

Opichem

#2 2024-02-12 13:34:23

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: A solo scientist new to the forum

Hi Opichem,

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2024-02-12 21:23:10

Bob
Administrator

hi Opichem

Welcome to the forum.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2024-04-02 09:13:03

Europe2048

Hi Opichem,

Welcome to the MIF forum!

Board footer