Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-05 01:56:12

soha
Real Member

Never tell a lie

Never Tell a Lie
A clergyman was walking down the street when he came upon a group of a few boys about 10 years of age, surrounding a dog. Concerned that the boys were hurting the animal, he went over and asked them what they were doing.

One of the boys replied, “This dog is an old neighborhood stray. We take him home with us sometimes, but since only one of us can take him home we’re having a contest: whichever one of us tells the biggest lie can take him home today.”

Of course, the Reverend was shocked. “You boys shouldn’t be having a contest telling lies!” he exclaimed. He then launched into a 10-minute sermon against lying, beginning, “Don’t you boys know it’s a sin to lie?” and ending with, “Why, when I was your age, I never told a lie.”

There was complete silence for about a minute while the boys all looked at each other and lowered their heads. Just as the Reverend began to think he had gotten through to them, the smallest boy gave a deep sigh and handed him the leash. “Alright, reverend,” he said, “You win. You can take him home.”.

"Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success!" smile smile
- David O. McKay

#2 2009-10-05 11:23:31

simron
Real Member

Re: Never tell a lie

LOL!
Nothing against reverends, though. Not all of them are hypocrites.

Linux FTW

#3 2009-10-05 19:29:09

soha
Real Member

What do you mean??????????

"Let us realize that: the privilege to work is a gift, the power to work is a blessing, the love of work is success!" smile smile
- David O. McKay

#4 2009-10-06 13:33:02

simron
Real Member

Oh, not all reverends say one thing and do another.

Linux FTW

#5 2009-10-07 15:34:56

soha
Real Member

Yes , You Are Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- David O. McKay

#6 2019-12-25 19:01:21

Monox D. I-Fly

What's a reverend?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#7 2019-12-25 20:21:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:

What's a reverend?

Reverend : a title for a priest of the Christian Church.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer