Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-01 10:23:00

jchristophm

A physicist poking around a math site.

Hello, I'm Chris. I am a physicist finishing up my Ph.D. in chemical physics in Richmond, VA. I had taught both high school and college level physics for several years before going back to school. Now I'm a student once again (the only job I've held consistently.)

I founded the physics website ilovephysics.com, and we are coming up on our 2 year anniversary. Unfortunately, on our one year anniversary we lost everything due to a hacker, and have been slowly building back since. I discovered this forum through the punBB forum (the site that supports the script that runs both this site and mine.)

To support myself as I plug through courses and research, I founded two online business - J.C. Moore Guitars and KeyLiberty Marketing. I chronical my successes and failures on my business blog KeyLiberty.com.

That's all.

When you get tired of doing math, try using it for something. Visit the physics phans at:
http://www.ilovephysics.com

#2 2005-09-01 19:05:53

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: A physicist poking around a math site.

I love physics, too!

Welcome to our forum, jchristophm.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2005-09-01 20:12:26

insomnia
Real Member

Yay!! Physics!! Something I'm brilliant at!!

Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly

#4 2005-09-08 00:47:04

jchristophm

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

I'm actually an experimentalist, so I spend most of my time fixing the mathematician's eyeglasses and explaining why their cars make some funny noise.

When you get tired of doing math, try using it for something. Visit the physics phans at:
http://www.ilovephysics.com

#5 2017-11-27 18:39:48

Monox D. I-Fly

jchristophm wrote:

I founded the physics website ilovephysics.com, and we are coming up on our 2 year anniversary. Unfortunately, on our one year anniversary we lost everything due to a hacker, and have been slowly building back since. I discovered this forum through the punBB forum (the site that supports the script that runs both this site and mine.)
That's all.

Does it have any forum?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer