Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ π -

Login

Username

Password

Not registered yet?

#1 2005-09-02 08:23:00

jchristophm
Novice

A physicist poking around a math site.

Hello, I'm Chris. I am a physicist finishing up my Ph.D. in chemical physics in Richmond, VA. I had taught both high school and college level physics for several years before going back to school. Now I'm a student once again (the only job I've held consistently.)

I founded the physics website ilovephysics.com, and we are coming up on our 2 year anniversary. Unfortunately, on our one year anniversary we lost everything due to a hacker, and have been slowly building back since. I discovered this forum through the punBB forum (the site that supports the script that runs both this site and mine.)

To support myself as I plug through courses and research, I founded two online business - J.C. Moore Guitars and KeyLiberty Marketing. I chronical my successes and failures on my business blog KeyLiberty.com.

That's all.

#2 2005-09-02 09:57:31

kylekatarn
Power Member

Re: A physicist poking around a math site.

Welcome Chris!
That is just GREAT! Physics and Maths are my favourite subjects! I'll shurelly visit your site!

#3 2005-09-02 17:05:53

MathsIsFun
Administrator

I love physics, too!

Welcome to our forum, jchristophm.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2005-09-02 18:12:26

insomnia
Real Member

Yay!! Physics!! Something I'm brilliant at!!

Friends are angels who lift our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly

#5 2005-09-08 22:47:04

jchristophm
Novice

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

I'm actually an experimentalist, so I spend most of my time fixing the mathematician's eyeglasses and explaining why their cars make some funny noise.

Board footer