Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-10 15:38:25

tina123

Logics in maths equations

Please guide me how to understand the maths equation logic  ?

please give me one example with logical explanation that would help me to capture logic from equations . thanks

#2 2012-10-10 20:46:21

bobbym
Administrator

Re: Logics in maths equations

Hi tina123;

I am not following you. You want to understand equations?

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

#3 2012-10-10 20:59:07

Calligar

Re: Logics in maths equations

Hmm, I don't know if this will help at all, but maybe if I'm understanding this correctly...

But let's say the equation 1 + 1 = 2.  Now going to a more logical standpoint instead of mathematical.  One could maybe compare this to apples.  Say you picked 1 apple from a tree, you currently only have 1 apple.  Now, what happens when you pick another apple.  This gives you two apples.  Now when talking about math, it is moreso non-existent, the numbers are just that, numbers.  But in order to understand this concept logically, one can compare to the above example as I just gave.  Though I am not fully sure if this is what you're actually asking or not...

Life isn’t a simple Math: there are always other variables.  -[unknown]

But Nature flies from the infinite, for the infinite is unending or imperfect, and Nature ever seeks an end.  -Aristotle

Board footer