Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-10 15:38:25

tina123

Logics in maths equations

Please guide me how to understand the maths equation logic  ?

please give me one example with logical explanation that would help me to capture logic from equations . thanks

#2 2012-10-10 20:46:21

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Logics in maths equations

Hi tina123;

I am not following you. You want to understand equations?

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2012-10-10 20:59:07

Calligar

Re: Logics in maths equations

Hmm, I don't know if this will help at all, but maybe if I'm understanding this correctly...

But let's say the equation 1 + 1 = 2.  Now going to a more logical standpoint instead of mathematical.  One could maybe compare this to apples.  Say you picked 1 apple from a tree, you currently only have 1 apple.  Now, what happens when you pick another apple.  This gives you two apples.  Now when talking about math, it is moreso non-existent, the numbers are just that, numbers.  But in order to understand this concept logically, one can compare to the above example as I just gave.  Though I am not fully sure if this is what you're actually asking or not...

There are always other variables.  -[unknown]
But Nature flies from the infinite, for the infinite is unending or imperfect, and Nature ever seeks an end.  -Aristotle
Everything makes sense, one only needs to figure out how.  -[unknown]

Board footer