Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-08 01:22:20

Chaotic Neutral

2 stories

The villagers asked Nasreddin Hodjah: what is more important, the sun or the moon?

Being a wise man, Hodjah answered: the sun shines when it's already light, but the moon shines when it's dark, therefore the moon is more important.

This one happened for real, don't know if you will understand the point of the story, but I'll try:

On the XVII sitting of the Communist Party in 1938, some minor party members saw marshall Malinovski with a beautiful woman. Of course, it was a dishonor for the married marshall to do such things. The party members immediately went to comrade Stalin  for report, hoping that the marshall would be relieved from command and the minor partymen would be rewarded for it.
Comrade Stalin knew that the minor partymen were nothing but losers, and that marshall Malinovski (who later would do a great job on the Eastern Front) was a real soldier, and a good one and therefore not replacable, so he could not allow some lesser folks to take his place.
So they came running into Stalin's office, saying: "comrade Stalin, we've seen marshall Malinovski with a sinful woman, what should we do?"
Stalin answered: "what should we do?Lets all envy comrade Malinovski"

As at night, we realise we will never Know and further thinking is pointless....Yet we start again and again

#2 2006-01-08 10:05:58

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: 2 stories

Good ones!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2006-01-08 16:38:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

True, good ones!
But isn't the sun more important? big_smile

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#4 2006-01-08 23:48:32

VR Hawks

The second is more halirious than the first one. I had to read the second one two times before I actually got it.

Name :: Vincent Raider Hawks
Birth Date :: July 4 , 1970

Board footer