Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-12-24 06:33:29

White_Wolf

Re: Is it Possible to Circle a Square? Which is the Hardest Calculation?

Yes, I do that when it doen't let me close. Thank-you for your imformation, I will put it to good use when I get the chance! smile

Lobo - 'Wild animals I have known'- A book by Ernest Thompson Seton. A true life story, best book.
[align=center] Lobo - King of Currumpaw [/align]
Link

#27 2009-02-07 15:41:17

simron
Real Member

Ricky wrote:

Now a days hackers have gone to such limits to even infect the 'X"(close) button of your browsers, so i recommend either pressing Alt + F4 or opening up Task Manager and clicking End Task. (the latter will close the whole browser.)

I don't believe this is correct.  "Infecting" the close button would amount to malicious code being able to infiltrate and modify the browser code.  If this is possible, then the malware would already have full access to your system.  As such, there would be no reason to infect such a thing.

I'm a little late to the party here, but hackers can create a window without the standard close, minimize/maximize, move to bar buttons. Instead, they put in custom ones that download things onto your computer. I've heard of people that had their computer infected after they rolled over an ad on the way to the X button. I would agree to press Alt+F4 to close a window. But if your computer is bogged down, don't get impatient and start going Alt-F4Alt-F4Alt-F4Alt-F4Alt-F4... It will only shut down your computer. Obviously not a good idea.

Linux FTW

#28 2009-02-08 11:01:24

careless25
Real Member

simron ur computer wont shut down if you keep pressing Alt-F4 continuously tho it will bring it to the Shut Down menu, but the next Alt-F4 would close the menu(instead of shutting down).

#29 2009-06-16 21:32:32

RickyIsAnIdiot
Banned

This Can't be solved!?...

#30 2012-02-08 02:46:33

TheMathJudge
Banned

From this Post Onwards Ricky was on His Last Legs! Think that's Why he Gave it All to bobbym!? The Next Failure!  smile smile smile

#31 2012-02-08 04:36:12

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi TheMathJudge, ARBGenius, MathGenius, Mathgenius1,2,3, ARB, Anthony Babbage, MG1,2,3, Transcendental, Moderator, JusticeIsDone, GeniusIsBack ...

It is a shame that you did not stop to learn anything from Ricky. Now you are barred for the 14 th time.

I remember post#29, I was just a new member back then. I remember being disgusted by your choice of username. You had already been barred 7 or 8 times for perverse behaviour. It is almost 3 years ago and you are still the same.

I will let you in on a little secret, I am honored that you put me in the same class as Ricky.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#32 2012-04-04 18:26:37

anky2930

bobbym wrote:

Hi TheMathJudge, ARBGenius, MathGenius, Mathgenius1,2,3, ARB, Anthony Babbage, MG1,2,3, Transcendental, GeniusIsBack ...

It is a shame that you did not stop to learn anything from Ricky. Now you are barred for the 14 th time.

I remember post#29, I was just a new member back then. I remember being disgusted by your choice of username. You had already been barred 7 or 8 times for perverse behaviour. It is almost 3 years ago and you are still the same.

I will let you in on a little secret, I am honored that you put me in the same spot as Ricky.

I want yo ask you something that what is the exact meaning of an established member because I am not able to post the link.

#33 2012-04-04 18:40:46

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi anky2930;

Link to what?

#34 2012-04-05 19:18:12

anky2930

bobbym wrote:

Hi anky2930;

Link to what?

link to the topic or suggestions related to maths.

#35 2012-04-05 20:10:50

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

What one? I will put it.

Board footer