Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-25 07:07:58

ZainH

A hilarious joke I read.

Although this has nothing to do with math, I found it pretty funny.

Two guys are on a boat for a private cruise. Overnight while sleeping they don't realize that the whole crew including the captain had abandoned ship leaving them alone and the ship sinking. They got into a raft and were floating on the ocean for days. One day one of the men came across a lamp floating in the ocean, one that resembled the lamp out of Aladdin. Following the usual procedure he rubbed the lamp and of course a genie popped out. The genie said "Okay, I've been doing this 3 wish thing for quite a while now, so you only get one wish"...

The first man who had been deprived of water for so long , panicked and blurted out "I wish we had a lifetime supply of beer" and *Poof* .. The genie changed the ocean water into beer.

The second man said "Great going Einstein, now we have to math in the boat" .

Haikus can be weird. Haikus can be confusing. Refrigerator.

#2 2011-02-01 13:58:26

Tigeree

Re: A hilarious joke I read.

Oh My God!  .....:lol: That's brilliant!
That just made my day, thanks, Zain!

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#3 2011-02-28 23:01:20

sweetpeaenc

LOL!!!!!!!! I am rolling on the floor laughing!!!! XD

I am colourful and unique no doubt about it!

#4 2011-03-15 02:52:22

ZainH

Haha thanks, but someone changed the world pee in the last line to math? neutral

Haikus can be weird. Haikus can be confusing. Refrigerator.

#5 2011-03-15 04:49:04

soroban

Yes, you are right.
I have way too much time on my hands . . .

#6 2011-03-15 12:25:08

bobbym
bumpkin

Hi;

Censorship is a tough thing. The first line of defense is the censorship program that all forums have and is updated by the administrator and mods. Being a program it is kind of brittle. For instance I cannot mention the author of "A Christmas Carol." Charles Dickinson.

Next, is the moderators who sometimes have to actually do something other than hanging around like "Mike the cop." Those words soroban mentions can be benign or extremely mean. A moderator makes that decision. Calling someone a sl_t will get deleted out. The intent of a comment can only be decided by a human being.

Third, if any other member or even a guest complains about the comment. There are young people here and old. People from many countries and many faiths. Everyone who sees a post is in a sense judging it. There is a report button that anyone can use.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer