Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-26 18:02:45

Wodd

Nice Job

I like the first post in this topic. If I am reading it correctly, perhaps the person that posted it does not like profanity. Psst, I don't like it either. Oddly enough though, there is an emoticon labeled swear. I assume that this means something profane (as opposed to making a promise or swearing an oath) based on the fact that the face is red and it would appear that the fist is being pounded.

I love Daisy!

#2 2010-12-26 19:08:01

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Nice Job

Hi Wodd;

Welcome to the forum and a Happy New Year. Can you tell what post you are talking about.

I do not like the swear emoticon either and it should be removed.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#3 2010-12-26 20:09:39

Tigeree

Hey, Wodd!

When that emote first arrived I thought it was hilarious, but it's really scary when it's used by certain people.

Daisy rocks, btw. She's way better than that snob, Peach.

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#4 2010-12-27 10:43:09

Wodd

I am not sure if I would classify Peach as a snob even though she does get kidnapped often. Oddly enough, it seems that most people prefer Peach over Daisy. Some people seem to believe that she "needs to get a life." Based on what I see of her and her possessions, I am not sure that it would be surprising if some see her as an idol worthy of worship (though she is not worthy of this at all) (There is only One who is truly worthy of all worship and praise.) (and no, that is not warship, that is wership) (I think that Daisy's ship is a cruise ship anyway.) lol She seems to have a life to me. It seems to be a life of mostly happiness, but Bowser and his children certainly do not help this last. I am not fond of their personalities at all. Even Wario's and Waluigi's personalities (which I am not totally fond of as well) are not nearly as brutal as those of Bowser and his children. I will say though that Bowser mistreating his own son is kind of interesting. I suppose that definitely shows favoritism—toward brutality—hmmm (although Wario and Waluigi are thieves, this is not good either).

To give you an idea of my appreciation for Daisy:
1. I made a button (which I am not exactly sure where went) in photography class. Daisy's head is on a tree branch in the background.
2. I also made a calendar in photography class. On February (which, looking back, I find quite interesting due to the fact that Valentine's Day just happens to be February 14th), there is a picture of Daisy.
3. My profile picture for Windows is a picture of Daisy.
4. I am a member of a forum dedicated to Daisy.
5. I am [still] trying to figure out a way to make a song with a pattern quantity ≥ Daisy (1,852,083). I have tried a few combinations, but they did not work due to the program that I use (which can be read about by clicking or tapping the link in this list item) running out of memory.
6. My father and I have a couple of devices that have Android OS installed on them. There is an application for it called Daisy Garden. With this application, the user plants virtual flowers in a garden and can do just about anything with them. They can be moved, named, tagged as favorites, uprooted, or viewed on the devices homescreen. Flowers are widges, so you can plant them at any time. This is how they are transferred to a garden (There is a total of nine different types of garden.) Anyway, on to what I wanted to say. On one of the devices, I took about a couple of weeks (perhaps) to plant flowers and form the phrase Caleb's, Daisy's, and Jerry's gardens (all in uppercase letters though). On the same device, I have set up seven home screens with the first five containing flowers in the forms of D, A, I, S, and Y. The last two home screens have exclamation marks on them. On the other device, my father made the word Daisy on one of the home screens. Prior to this, he and I had started making the word Daisy in such a fashion that there was a large letter with a smaller version of the same letter within it. It had a heart on the sixth home screen.
7. The desktop background for both my tablet PC with Windows on it and my desktop is a siimple video with a field of daisies blowing in the wind.
8. I have an inspirational calendar (that I believe is now out of print unfortunately) entitled Daysies. Some days have inspirational thoughts on them. Some have inspirational quotes on them. Some have inspirational Scripture verses on them. It is a nice calendar indeed.
This gives you an idea of my appreciation for Daisy. And that is not the end. If you would to read more, I can post it.
Although, if you read stories like this one, you might not necessarily get that impression.

Last edited by Wodd (2010-12-27 10:45:37)

I love Daisy!

Board footer