Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-21 20:26:03

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Geometric Constructions

I have just created 17 new animations for Geometric Constructions

Comments and suggestions, please!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#2 2009-06-21 23:17:07

mathsyperson

Re: Geometric Constructions

Niiiiiice pages!
There were a few tricks on there that I didn't know (or maybe had forgotten tongue), and the pentagon was particularly awesome. I also liked the magic pencil.
[Edit: Just realised the pencil isn't magic, it's just that the ruler-pencil and compass-pencil are different colours. Still makes things a lot clearer though.]

I think it'd be a lot better if you had a bar along the bottom, so people could go back and forward at their own pace (like in YouTube, for example). A pause button would be good too, so people could follow along.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#3 2009-06-21 23:55:02

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Thanks Mathsy ... it took a lot of time and patience to put them together. Forward and rewind would be hard, put pause is possible I think.

I just hope I made no mistakes, as I will link to them from the main website soon.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2009-06-22 02:31:25

bobbym
Administrator

Really nice job. Excellent!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
I have the result, but I do not yet know how to get it.
All physicists, and a good many quite respectable mathematicians are contemptuous about proof.

Board footer