Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-21 20:26:03

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Geometric Constructions

I have just created 17 new animations for Geometric Constructions

Comments and suggestions, please!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#2 2009-06-21 23:17:07

mathsyperson

Re: Geometric Constructions

Niiiiiice pages!
There were a few tricks on there that I didn't know (or maybe had forgotten tongue), and the pentagon was particularly awesome. I also liked the magic pencil.
[Edit: Just realised the pencil isn't magic, it's just that the ruler-pencil and compass-pencil are different colours. Still makes things a lot clearer though.]

I think it'd be a lot better if you had a bar along the bottom, so people could go back and forward at their own pace (like in YouTube, for example). A pause button would be good too, so people could follow along.

Why did the vector cross the road?
It wanted to be normal.

#3 2009-06-21 23:55:02

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Thanks Mathsy ... it took a lot of time and patience to put them together. Forward and rewind would be hard, put pause is possible I think.

I just hope I made no mistakes, as I will link to them from the main website soon.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2009-06-22 02:31:25

bobbym
bumpkin

Really nice job. Excellent!

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer