1. Find the three numbers in arithmetic progression whose sum is 24 and the sum of their cubes is 1968.
2. Find the sum of the first 20 terms of an Arithmetic progression whoseterm is 3n-1.
3. Find 4 numbers in Geometric progression whose sum is 85 and whose product is 4096.
4. Find the least value of n such thatif the sum to n terms is given by
5. How many meters of cloth 11 meters wide would be required to make a conical tent, the radius of whose base is 7 meters and whose height is 24 meters?
6. An iron sphere of diameter 12 centimeters is dropped into a cylindrical can of diameter 24 centimeters containing water.Find the rise in the level of water if the sphere is completely immersed in water.
7. Given f(x0 = 5x+2, g(x) = 2x-3, and h(x) = 3x+1, verify fo(goh) = (fog)oh.
9. Find the Greatest Common Divisor of
11. Decompose into partial fractions:
12. If m and n are the roots of the equation, find the values of
It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi.
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.