1. A rectangle of sides 8 cm and 10cm is folded to form a cylinder in two different ways. What is the volume of the bigger cylinder?
2. A hollow cylinder is made up of 792 cu.cm. of material. If the height of the cylinder is 9 cm and its external diameter is 16 cm, what is its thickness?
3. The total surface area of a cone is 704 sq.cm. Yje radius of the base is 7 cm. What is its volume?
4. A solid cylinder of brass 8 cm. high and 4 cm. in diameter is melted and recast into a cone of diamter 3 cm. Find the height of the cone.
5. A solid metal sphere of radius .4 cm. is dropped into a cylindrical can containing water. The base diameter of the can is 8.2 cm. Find the rise in level of water (closest mm).
It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi.
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.