Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-06 22:10:04

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Kids On The Internet

My kids love going to the Web, and they keep track of their passwords by writing them on Post-it notes.

I noticed their Disney password was "GoofyMickeyMinniePluto" and so I asked why it was so long.

"Because," my son explained, "they said it had to have at least four characters."

(2) A teacher asked one of her pupils, 'What's the nation's capital?'

The reply was, 'Washington DC'

On being asked what the 'DC' stood for, the pupil added, 'Dot com!'

(3) Working as a computer instructor for an adult-education program at a community college, I am keenly aware of the gap in computer knowledge between my younger and older students.

My observations were confirmed the day a new student walked into our library area and glanced at the encyclopedia volumes stacked on a bookshelf.

"What are all these books?" he asked.

Somewhat surprised, I replied that they were encyclopedias.

"Really?" he said. You mean that someone printed out the whole thing?" WOW!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2007-04-16 04:04:57

burningleo

Re: Kids On The Internet

Nice jokes!!! Do you know any more???

What was, was and whats here is now big_smile

#3 2019-11-01 18:43:52

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: Kids On The Internet

ganesh wrote:

(3) Working as a computer instructor for an adult-education program at a community college, I am keenly aware of the gap in computer knowledge between my younger and older students.

My observations were confirmed the day a new student walked into our library area and glanced at the encyclopedia volumes stacked on a bookshelf.

"What are all these books?" he asked.

Somewhat surprised, I replied that they were encyclopedias.

"Really?" he said. You mean that someone printed out the whole thing?" WOW!

If I were you, I would reply "You know, long before that, people wrote on stones instead of papers.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer