Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-29 16:05:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Chance Quotes - VII

Chance Quotes - VII

1. I think we have a good chance of surviving long enough to colonize the solar system. - Stephen Hawking

2. If you succeed with your first dream, it helps. You know, people trust you, possibly, for the second one. They give you a chance to play out your second one. - James D. Watson

3. The real trouble with war (modern war) is that it gives no one a chance to kill the right people. - Ezra Pound

4. No human being will ever know the Truth, for even if they happen to say it by chance, they would not even known they had done so. - Xenophanes

5. What makes us Americans is our shared commitment to an ideal - that all of us are created equal, and all of us have the chance to make of our lives what we will. - Barack Obama

6. Now, I have always believed that women are not victims; we are agents of change, we are drivers of progress, we are makers of peace - all we need is a fighting chance. - Hillary Clinton

7. A person who has not done one half his day's work by ten o clock, runs a chance of leaving the other half undone. - Emily Bronte

8. Everything existing in the universe is the fruit of chance and necessity. - Democritus

9. What drew me towards team sport were the camaraderie and friendship. The chance to celebrate victory and success with a group of other people is something I have enjoyed doing. - Rahul Dravid

10. There is no chance and anarchy in the universe. All is system and gradation. Every god is there sitting in his sphere. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

11. I feel a real sense of duty to use the voice and the platform I've been afforded by my fame to speak out for those whose voices don't get a chance to be heard. - Shakira

12. I have never entered into any controversy in defense of my philosophical opinions; I leave them to take their chance in the world. If they are right, truth and experience will support them; if wrong, they ought to be refuted and rejected. Disputes are apt to sour one's temper and disturb one's quiet. - Benjamin Franklin.

chance_halle_logo_3031.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer