Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-04-28 16:10:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Chance Quotes - VI

Chance Quotes - VI

1. All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire. - Aristotle

2. People are always asking for the latest developments in the unification of this theory with that theory, and they don't give us a chance to tell them anything about one of the theories that we know pretty well. They always want to know things that we don't know. - Richard P. Feynman

3. There are moments in life, when the heart is so full of emotion That if by chance it be shaken, or into its depths like a pebble Drops some careless word, it overflows, and its secret, Spilt on the ground like water, can never be gathered together. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

4. There is a certain sense in which I would say the universe has a purpose. It's not there by chance. - Roger Penrose

5. If the sun comes up, I have a chance. - Venus Williams

6. I don't think that everyone should become a mathematician, but I do believe that many students don't give mathematics a real chance. - Maryam Mirzakhani

7. There's only so much you can do, but if somebody doesn't give you a chance there is nothing you can do. - Charlize Theron

8. If you call yourself a leader, then you have to be decisive. If you're decisive, then you have the chance to be a leader. These are two sides to the same coin. - Narendra Modi

9. War never takes a wicked man by chance, the good man always. - Sophocles

10. A consistent soul believes in destiny, a capricious one in chance. - Benjamin Disraeli

11. Whether it's eight o'clock in the morning or eight o'clock at night, I always try to greet others before they have a chance to speak to me. - Zig Ziglar

12. Man, when I'm riding with the helmet on, I'm invisible. And people just deal with me as the guy on the bike... it gives you a chance to read 'em. - Brad Pitt.

depositphotos_687886754-stock-photo-white-letter-block-chance-written.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer