Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-19 20:56:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bring Quotes - IV

Bring Quotes - IV

1. Bring your desires down to your present means. Increase them only when your increased means permit. - Aristotle

2. A fundamentalist can't bring himself or herself to negotiate with people who disagree with them because the negotiating process itself is an indication of implied equality. - Jimmy Carter

3. Time will bring to light whatever is hidden; it will cover up and conceal what is now shining in splendor. - Horace

4. First was the mouse. The second was the click wheel. And now, we're going to bring multi-touch to the market. And each of these revolutionary interfaces has made possible a revolutionary product - the Mac, the iPod and now the iPhone. - Steve Jobs

5. Exploring and colonizing Mars can bring us new scientific understanding of climate change, of how planet-wide processes can make a warm and wet world into a barren landscape. By exploring and understanding Mars, we may gain key insights into the past and future of our own world. - Buzz Aldrin

6. Small amounts of philosophy lead to atheism, but larger amounts bring us back to God. - Francis Bacon

7. Few misfortunes can befall a boy which bring worse consequence than to have a really affectionate mother. W. - Somerset Maugham

8. If we made atomic bombs, we would bring about a terrible change in the world. Who knows what would happen from this? - Werner Heisenberg

9. I always bring out the best in men I fight, but Joe Frazier, I'll tell the world right now, brings out the best in me. I'm gonna tell ya, that's one helluva man, and God bless him. - Muhammad Ali

10. Only peril can bring the French together. One can't impose unity out of the blue on a country that has 265 different kinds of cheese. - Charles de Gaulle

11. The problem with pity parties is very few people come, and those who do don't bring presents. - Zig Ziglar

12. There are trees of a thousand sorts, and all have their several fruits; and I feel the most unhappy man in the world not to know them, for I am well assured that they are all valuable. I bring home specimens of them, and also of the land. - Christopher Columbus.

bring_2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer