Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-08 00:43:33

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Breaking Quotes - III

Breaking Quotes - III

1. Right through school, I was a handy cricketer, a batsman and a left-arm spinner who bowled leg breaks. - Rod Laver

2. Sting I've seen a few times, and he really inspired me in the sense that he breaks the songs down a lot and will take a different approach. He'll take an acoustic approach to them; he'll rearrange them for the live stage. - Shania Twain

3. If we choose to keep those tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires, if we choose to keep a tax break for corporate jet owners, if we choose to keep tax breaks for oil and gas companies that are making hundreds of billions of dollars, then that means we've got to cut some kids off from getting a college scholarship. -Barack Obama

4. But let me perfectly clear, because I know you'll hear the same old claims that rolling back these tax breaks means a massive tax increase on the American people: if your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime. - Barack Obama

5. The sea heaves up, hangs loaded o'er the land, Breaks there, and buries its tumultuous strength. - Robert Browning

6. If you ask people what they've always wanted to do, most people haven't done it. That breaks my heart. - Angelina Jolie

7. I've taken advantage of a few breaks that came along and moved along with them. - Clint Eastwood

8. When I have supped too heavily of an evening, I drink in the morning a large number of cups of coffee, and that as hot as I can drink it, so that the sweat breaks out on me, and if by so doing I can't restore my body, a whole apothecary's shop couldn't do much, and that is the only thing I have done for years when I have felt a fever. - Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

9. We are the last remaining country to allow ourselves two breaks in the season. You just have to look at England, Italy and Spain, they play right through the season. We on the other hand take six weeks off in the winter until the end of January, and that is a luxury. - Franz Beckenbauer

10. As an athlete, I'd average four hours a day. It doesn't sound like a lot when some people say they're training for 10 hours, but theirs includes lunch, massage and breaks. My four hours was packed with work. - Michael Johnson

11. Even if you were aware of children and felt compassion, when you have your own, it multiplies. It breaks your heart to know that there are so many children in the world suffering so much. - Penelope Cruz

12. What breaks my heart is suffering of any kind. Too often, our world is divisive and cruel where it needs to be uniting and loving. - Alicia Keys.

top-10-tips-the-importance-of-taking-a-break-at-work-591b468f413d8.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer