Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-13 18:09:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bird Quotes

Bird Quotes

1. I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D. H. Lawrence

2. The bird is powered by its own life and by its motivation. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

3. Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. - George Eliot

4. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. - Salvador Dali

5. Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings. - Victor Hugo

6. A bird cannot fly with one wing only. Human space flight cannot develop any further without the active participation of women. - Valentina Tereshkova

7. No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. - William Blake

8. It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad. - C. S. Lewis

9. I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

10. Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark. - Rabindranath Tagore

11. A forest bird never wants a cage. - Henrik Ibsen

12. The human bird shall take his first flight, filling the world with amazement, all writings with his fame, and bringing eternal glory to the nest whence he sprang. - Leonardo da Vinci

13. For my own part, I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly. - Benjamin Franklin

14. When you have shot one bird flying you have shot all birds flying. They are all different and they fly in different ways but the sensation is the same and the last one is as good as the first. - Ernest Hemingway

15. No better way is there to learn to love Nature than to understand Art. It dignifies every flower of the field. And, the boy who sees the thing of beauty which a bird on the wing becomes when transferred to wood or canvas will probably not throw the customary stone. - Oscar Wilde

16. If one cannot catch a bird of paradise, better take a wet hen. - Nikita Khrushchev

17. When I did 'Bird,' it was a surprise to some people, first because I wasn't in it and second because most of the films I'd been doing were cop movies or westerns or adventure films, so to be doing one about Charlie Parker, who was a great influence on American music, was a great thrill for me. - Clint Eastwood

18. India does not need to become anything else. India must become only India. This is a country that once upon a time was called the golden bird. - Narendra Modi

19. A lot of black guys always ask me, 'Did Larry Bird really play that good?' I said, 'Larry Bird is so good it's frightening.' - Magic Johnson

20. Gliders, sail planes, they're wonderful flying machines. It's the closest you can come to being a bird. - Neil Armstrong

21. My heart is like a singing bird. - Christina Rossetti

22. I first became aware of Charles Darwin and evolution while still a schoolboy growing up in Chicago. My father and I had a passion for bird-watching, and when the snow or the rain kept me indoors, I read his bird books and learned about evolution. - James D. Watson

23. I'm not an early bird at all. Ideally, on Saturday morning I'd allow myself a lovely lie-in. 10:45 would be just right. - Shilpa Shetty

24. Girdles and wire stays should have never been invented. No man wants to hug a padded bird cage. - Marilyn Monroe

25. The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship. - William Blake

26. A fish may love a bird, but where would they live? - Drew Barrymore

27. When I do a picture and it's 90% black, like 'Bird,' I use 90% black people. - Clint Eastwood

28. The soul has illusions as the bird has wings: it is supported by them. - Victor Hugo

29. For man, as for flower and beast and bird, the supreme triumph is to be most vividly, most perfectly alive. - D. H. Lawrence

30. I don't see things from a worm's perspective but a bird's perspective. I smile at problems. - Manisha Koirala

31. Spotting a rare bird is never worth the bite of a cur. Once bitten by a German shepherd, I knew that I preferred cats, even if they are bird-killers. Life is long enough for more than one chance at a rare bird. - James D. Watson

32. I'm a free bird and I follow my own rules. - Shriya Saran

33. I'm not into superhero movies, but I love cartoons. Tweety bird is my favourite. - Deepika Padukone

34. It was okay for Wayne Gretzky's dad, for instance, to give him a hockey stick, or Joe Montana's dad to give him a football, or Larry Bird's dad to give him a basketball, but it wasn't okay for Gloria Connors to give her son a tennis racquet. - Jimmy Connors

35. My mother had a great voice. Not like mine, not like my sister's, not like my son's - a high soprano voice, but like a bird. I mean, really beautiful. - Barbra Streisand

36. I was an ambitious child and I tended to be scatterbrained. If I was at school and saw a bird outside the window I wanted to follow it. I was adventurous. - Sylvester Stallone.

different-kinds-birds-collection_1308-99634.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer