Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-11 16:04:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Biography and Biographies Quotes

Biography and Biographies Quotes

1. Biographies are but the clothes and buttons of the man. The biography of the man himself cannot be written. - Mark Twain

2. I just love biography, and I'm fascinated by people who have shifted our destinies or our points of view. - Richard Attenborough

3. Biography lends to death a new terror. - Oscar Wilde

4. Read no history: nothing but biography, for that is life without theory. - Benjamin Disraeli

5. If you're doing a biography, you try to stay as accurate as possible to reality. But you really don't know what was going on in the person's mind. You just know what was going on in the minds of people around him. - Clint Eastwood

6. My first biography written in '73 was not 'Journey To The Moon.' It was 'Return To Earth.' Because for me, that was the more difficult task - disappointment. - Buzz Aldrin

7. When I read Andrew Motion's biography, I wept. It's something about the purity of the story and how fresh it was because of the love letters Keats wrote. - Jane Campion

8. My life is very simple, it is not worth being written into a biography, for that 'masala' is required. - Jeetendra

9. Eight years ago, I was drawn into Keats's world by Andrew Motion's biography. Soon I was reading back and forth between Keats's letters and his poems. The letters were fresh, intimate and irreverent, as though he were present and speaking. The Keats spell went very deep for me. - Jane Campion

10. Biographies, as generally written, are not only misleading but false... In most instances, they commemorate a lie and cheat posterity out of the truth. - Abraham Lincoln

11. I seldom read anything that is not of a factual nature because I want to invest my time wisely in the things that will improve my life. Don't misunderstand; there is nothing wrong with reading purely for the joy of it. Novels have their place, but biographies of famous men and women contain information that can change lives. - Zig Ziglar

12. Great geniuses have the shortest biographies. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

13. For me writing biographies is impossible, unless they are brief and concise, and these are, I feel, the most eloquent. - Alfred Nobel

14. I'm interested in the truth, and unauthorized biographies are not. Yes, I would like to correct those errors someday. - Barbra Streisand.

depositphotos_127768502-stock-photo-biography-road-sign-billboard.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer