Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-24 17:58:45

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Medicine/Medical Quotes

Medicine/Medical Quotes

1. The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease. - Voltaire

2. I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians. - Alexander the Great

3. The physician's highest calling, his only calling, is to make sick people healthy - to heal, as it is termed. - Samuel Hahnemann

4. Time is generally the best doctor. - Ovid

5. We should be concerned not only about the health of individual patients, but also the health of our entire society. - Ben Carson

6. Whenever a doctor cannot do good, he must be kept from doing harm. - Hippocrates

7. I was always shocked when I went to the doctor's office and they did my X-ray and didn't find that I had eight more ribs than I should have or that my blood was the color green. - Nicolas Cage

8. Cancer affects all of us, whether you're a daughter, mother, sister, friend, coworker, doctor, patient. - Jennifer Aniston

9. The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope. That is why the patient's hopes are the physician's secret weapon. They are the hidden ingredients in any prescription. - Norman Cousins

10. The art of medicine was to be properly learned only from its practice and its exercise. - Thomas Sydenham

11. A physician's physiology has much the same relation to his power of healing as a cleric's divinity has to his power of influencing conduct. - Samuel Butler

12. If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

13. I don't believe medical discoveries are doing much to advance human life. As fast as we create ways to extend it we are inventing ways to shorten it. - Christiaan Barnard

14. The Google algorithm was a significant development. I've had thank-you emails from people whose lives have been saved by information on a medical website or who have found the love of their life on a dating website. - Tim Berners-Lee

15. Medical costs are of concern, both in developing and developed countries. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

16. I can testify to what UNICEF means to children because I was among those who received food and medical relief right after World War II. - Audrey Hepburn

17. Best and I worked in the sub-basement of the old medical building day and night. Time, meals, sleep - all were of secondary consideration. We had to get insulin into a form that was refined enough for continued clinical use. - Frederick Banting

18. You know, if I listened to Michael Dukakis long enough, I would be convinced we're in an economic downturn and people are homeless and going without food and medical attention and that we've got to do something about the unemployed. - Ronald Reagan

19. These technologies can make life easier, can let us touch people we might not otherwise. You may have a child with a birth defect and be able to get in touch with other parents and support groups, get medical information, the latest experimental drugs. These things can profoundly influence life. I'm not downplaying that. - Steve Jobs

20. I have enjoyed great satisfaction from my climb of Everest and my trips to the poles. But there's no doubt that my most worthwhile things have been the building of schools and medical clinics. - Edmund Hillary

21. I have passed English medical examinations in Hong Kong... In my youth, I experienced overseas studies. The languages of the West, its literature, its political science, its customs, its mathematics, its geography, its physics and chemistry - all these I have had the chance to study. - Sun Yat-sen

22. My parents had chosen the medical profession for me. I even studied a few semesters at St Xavier's College, but at the back of my mind, I always wanted to be a musician like my father. - Zubin Mehta

23. I came from a middle-class family. My father was a professor in a medical college, and my mother was a schoolteacher. We led a good life but we did not have much money. - Sudha Murty

24. I wanted to go to medical school. But, I never got a college scholarship. - Edwin Moses

25. Years ago I was diagnosed with a condition, and my doctors prescribed human growth hormone and testosterone for its treatment. Under medical supervision, I have continued to use both medications. - Sylvester Stallone.

research.png?w=580&ssl=1

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer