Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-22 05:24:53

Hicies87

How do I solve such a linear differential equation?

I don't really understand differentials. At the level of ordinary equations, everything is clear, but I cannot figure out how to solve such equations.

GuideMathematics

#2 2022-01-22 22:04:24

Bob
Administrator

Re: How do I solve such a linear differential equation?

hi Hicies87

Welcome to the forum.

This doesn't seem to be a linear differential equation, but just an equation.

ae^x cannot be zero so you can cancel it out. What's left simplifies quickly to a solution.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2022-05-15 23:16:25

Hicies87

Once, I had to solve a very similar equation, and it took me a very long time to understand how I could do it. For me, math is a very complicated subject, to be honest, and it may take me hours to solve something. And from time to time, I get help at [link removed - zetafunc] when I'm stuck for a long time. There I post anything I need to solve and receive help pretty fast. For me, such help is beneficial.

Last edited by Hicies87 (2022-05-26 21:57:14)

#4 2022-05-16 00:41:10

Bob
Administrator

hi Hicies87

You will get better by practising. If you post a problem that is causing you difficulty, I'll try to lead you through it.  If you say where you're struggling, perhaps we can sort that out, and I'll set you some more, similar questions if you want to practise your skills.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer