Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-07 15:34:42

CurlyBracket

Time Travelling!

Hi,

Imagine that you have been given a time machine from the future. Which time period would you first visit and why? Do you think such an invention is possible in the near future?

Note: If possible, you can even given an idea as to how you think it might function. This is a personal response question, so there are no right or wrong answers.

Learning is fun - Exceptio probat regulam!

#2 2022-01-07 15:44:43

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Time Travelling!

CurlyBracket wrote:

Which time period would you first visit and why?

Year 1969 CE.

The year Man landed on Moon this year for the first time.

CurlyBracket wrote:

Do you think such an invention is possible in the near future?

Very much unlikely.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2022-01-20 21:53:17

CurlyBracket

Re: Time Travelling!

Hi Ganesh,

That’s an interesting choice. I have asked many people this question and not many came up with this answer. I think I would like to travel some 100 years into the future, into the year 2121 CE. I would like to find out what the developments in space technology and the environment of the Earth will be.

I think travelling will be possible in the future, if not the near future. Some scientists already say that Black Holes are potential time machines.
smile

Learning is fun - Exceptio probat regulam!

Board footer