Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-26 22:59:34

jabah013.307
Website

From Member to Real Member

Hello Bob or Ganesh,
What does a 'real' member mean because I am still a member and I want it to change to a real member if you won't mind because I have been staying with this for a long time and thought that somehow you would change it to being a real member.

Quote Of The Month:
'Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.' - Art Buchwald.

#2 2021-07-27 01:06:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: From Member to Real Member

Hi jabah013.307,

Its too early for becoming a real member for new members. You are in the early stages!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-07-27 01:24:35

jabah013.307
Website

Oh ok :-)

Quote Of The Month:
'Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.' - Art Buchwald.

#4 2021-07-27 19:51:20

Bob
Administrator

When I first joined back in 2010 the forum had a lot of different categories of member.  New members had limited options until they had made 10 posts when they became members.  Then further 'promotions' came at post 1000 and I think 10000.  This has led to the invention of several games that help to push up the post count. Moderators could also make a member 'real' which gave additional privileges.

But the forum had to move to a new platform and several things changed.  Real members was the only special category that still exists.  I'm not sure myself if anything changes when that happens.  I'll conduct an experiment to try and find out.

edit: As far as I can tell the only change is you get to be called 'real'.  Better than being imaginary I suppose.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#5 2021-07-28 02:28:08

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

Earlier (before 2020 or even earlier), there was a gradation, members, real members, moderators, administrators etc. Things changed and the concept of real members is archaic now. Now, its members, real members, moderators, and administrators on paper only and members, moderators, and administrators practically. This may charge at a later date possibly.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#6 2023-09-06 00:03:49

vesinhazclear
Novice

thanks for sharing

Board footer