Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-09 12:05:34

mathland

Mother's Day

Tell me about your Mother's Day. What did you do? Where did you go?

#2 2021-05-09 13:23:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Mother's Day

I wished every of my close friends and family members of May 9, the Mother's Day.

They were are very happy.

I didn't go anywhere but wished many on the net.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-05-09 13:54:14

mathland

ganesh wrote:

I wished every of my close friends and family members of March 9, the Mother's Day.

They were are very happy.

I didn't go anywhere but wished many on the net.

March 9? Today is May 9. Ok. You didn't go anywhere. I quiet day at home, I see. That's not too bad if you have your own place. If you live in a shared situation, it's quite another story.

#4 2021-05-09 14:04:34

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Mother's Day is May 9. In a hurry, I posted March 9 in haste. Rectified.

I have limited number of friends.

I am basically a loner.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2021-05-10 10:22:56

mathland

ganesh wrote:

Mother's Day is May 9. In a hurry, I posted March 9 in haste. Rectified.

I have limited number of friends.

I am basically a loner.

From one loner to another, nice to meet you. Where are you from? I was born in the Dominican Republic but raised in New York City. Try being a loner in NYC. Not easy at all.

#6 2021-05-10 12:48:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

I was and brought up in India, specifically, Southern parts of India.

For most of my life, I have been a loner.

In certain periods, I had a handful of friends.

#7 2021-05-10 14:55:13

mathland

ganesh wrote:

I was and brought up in India, specifically, Southern parts of India.

For most of my life, I have been a loner.

In certain periods, I had a handful of friends.

Ok. That's cool. We must pray for India. COVID-19 has been a nightmare over there.

#8 2021-05-10 15:50:47

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Thanks. But COVID-19 has been as nightmare for many nations, developing and developed. As a matter of fact, it has been a pandemic.

We should fight together, against a common foe, the deadly virus.

#9 2021-05-10 17:41:10

mathland

ganesh wrote:

Thanks. But COVID-19 has been as nightmare for many nations, developing and developed. As a matter of fact, it has been a pandemic.

The world should unite against the killer virus but people are too busy hating each other and fighting over nonsense.

#10 2021-05-10 18:29:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

The world should unite against the killer virus but people are too busy hating each other and fighting over nonsense.

I feel the COVID-19 pandemic has been a lesson! Life is like a soap bubble! Anytime, anything, anywhere can happen! Therefore, be good to all!

#11 2021-05-10 22:31:51

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

I feel the COVID-19 pandemic has been a lesson! Life is like a soap bubble! Anytime, anything, anywhere can happen! Therefore, be good to all!

The pandemic attacked the good, the bad, the ugly, the rich, the poor, etc.

#12 2021-05-10 23:43:06

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

It is good or bad for all, in a way. Bad - lives lost, good - all fight for a united cause.

#13 2021-05-11 19:21:57

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

It is good or bad for all, in a way. Bad - lives lost, good - all fight for a united cause.

There has not been much unity in America before, during and after the pandemic leaves. The democrats have turned the USA into a battlefield.

Board footer