Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-05 15:00:09

mathland

Math Is Fun Site

I may leave this site soon. I find that there isn't much participation here. I cannot even upload pictures needed for certain math problems. I made a few friends but that's about it, honestly. I am currently seeking a new math site.

It's too bad that yahoo answers has shut down. We all know that this is due to the current administration in Washington, DC. The main goal is to control the masses and to keep people from communicating with each other. This is happening everywhere across the internet.

#2 2021-05-05 16:22:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Math Is Fun Site

mathland wrote:

I may leave this site soon. I find that there isn't much participation here. I cannot even upload pictures needed for certain math problems. I made a few friends but that's about it, honestly. I am currently seeking a new math site.

It's too bad that yahoo answers has shut down. We all know that this is due to the current administration in Washington, DC. The main goal is to control the masses and to keep people from communicating with each other. This is happening everywhere across the internet.

It is your decision. I have nothing to say.

Uploading pictures for problems isn't difficult.

As one of the Administrators, I would gladly want you to remain in the forum.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2021-05-05 19:26:42

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

I will not leave unless there is something better online. All the best math groups are on FB. I don't want to join FB math groups. I had a bad experience many years ago. Most math sites outside of FB want members to learn LaTex. I dislike LaText, especially when  using my phone to post questions.

#4 2021-05-05 20:30:20

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:

I will not leave unless there is something better online. All the best math groups are on FB. I don't want to join FB math groups. I had a bad experience many years ago. Most math sites outside of FB want members to learn LaTex. I dislike LaText, especially when  using my phone to post questions.

I don't want or expect you leave. Just keep posting in an appropriate manner. The number of on diverse subjects is fine, but the number of messages posted indiscriminately is unacceptable. Keep the number low and quality high.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2021-05-06 10:40:51

mathland

ganesh wrote:
mathland wrote:
ganesh wrote:

I don't want or expect you leave. Just keep posting in an appropriate manner. The number of on diverse subjects is fine, but the number of messages posted indiscriminately is unacceptable. Keep the number low and quality high.

1. I will slow down with the questions posted.

2. I will search for challenging questions listed at the end of each textbook section.

3. I am currently learning Calculus 1 with an occasional revisit to Precalculus when time allows.

4. I will try posting questions that include several parts. By doing so, there's no need to post an abundance of problems.

Board footer