Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-30 01:28:19

pi_cubed

Who was Anthony R. Brown?

I've seen some posts that say ARB did some things such as copyright violation, spamming, etc. that got him banned. But who was he?

Last edited by pi_cubed (2020-06-30 01:28:52)

pi³

#2 2020-06-30 05:57:02

Bob
Administrator

Re: Who was Anthony R. Brown?

hi pi_cubed

I joined in 2010 and he had already been banned (roughly Oct'2007).

Our rules require members to be polite to other users.  Looking through the records it seems he was often very rude to others, particularly moderators when they asked him to be more considerate. After many warnings he was banned.

But I think he re-joined under a new name, several times.  As far as I can tell he eventually lost interest in trying to wind people up.

These days most bans are to stop spammers.  Some folk think it's ok to advertise their business on the forum.  We don't have pre-moderation (ie. checking posts before they are published on the site) This makes the free flow of ideas easier, but it does mean that unsuitable posts can get through for a few hours.

If you spot something that you don't think should be on the site, please make a report.  That flags it up quickly to moderators so one of us can do something about it.

Best wishes,

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2020-06-30 13:02:08

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

"who is ARB" is a question which I used to find absolutely fascinating when I was a teenager.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#4 2020-06-30 23:06:56

666 bro

Probably he's a scammer I think.

"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it expresses a thought of God"- Srinivasa ramanujan

#5 2020-07-02 01:20:02

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

I think he was a jerk

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'

#6 2020-07-02 02:50:54

Mathegocart

He's (most likely) mentally ill. He posts on about his chess engine on Youtube, which only works by SEVERELY handicapping Stockfish.

Also, I published a topic about his recent behavior.

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#7 2020-07-02 08:57:08

pi_cubed

Mathegocart wrote:

He's (most likely) mentally ill. He posts on about his chess engine on Youtube, which only works by SEVERELY handicapping Stockfish.

It looks like his dailychess.com account where he went under the name "DougBlanch" was suspended. He apparently boasts about his chess system that "beat" Stockfish 8 (Stockfish was probably handicapped).

pi³

#8 2020-07-03 01:29:40

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Mathegocart wrote:

Hmm, you found the wrong guy on twitter

#9 2020-07-03 02:10:22

pi_cubed

Mathegocart wrote:

I don't think his account is "GeniusIsBack", just search up Anthony R. Brown ARB and find the account where he posts about chess and go.

pi³

#10 2020-07-07 13:14:59

Mathegocart

Hmmm, I made a few mistakes there. Still no change, other than being more of a chess-obsessed maniac.

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

Board footer