Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-01 00:03:39

arteta2k

feelings about common core

hey again just would like to ask you guys your feelings about common core is it good or bad? And also who wants to talk some math with me.

#2 2020-05-01 00:49:44

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: feelings about common core

The Common Core State Standards Initiative is an educational initiative from 2010 that details what K–12 students throughout the United States should know in English language arts and mathematics at the conclusion of each school grade. The initiative is sponsored by the National Governors Association (NGA) and the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) and seeks to establish consistent educational standards across the states as well as ensure that students graduating from high school are prepared to enter credit-bearing courses at two- or four-year college programs or to enter the workforce.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2020-06-26 14:52:33

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Re: feelings about common core

arteta2k wrote:

hey again just would like to ask you guys your feelings about common core is it good or bad? And also who wants to talk some math with me.

I'd like to talk math.

Sorry, I have no idea what the common core is.

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Board footer