Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-11 19:37:40

Bob
Administrator

malware warning

I have just investigated a post that contained a link claiming to tell members about stalkerware, a form of malware.  But my security software identified the link  itself as dangerous as it led to malware!  I checked further and found this warning to be correct. I have deleted the post and banned the  poster.

MIF does allow members to post links (in the post, the signature and in the member panel to the left of the post).  Be very careful of these as there have been a number of attempts recently to use these links to trick members.  In windows, if you hover your mouse pointer over a link, you can see at the bottom left of the page where the link is really taking you.  If in doubt, don't click such links.

If you have already clicked that stalkerware link, do a full system scan to check your device is not infected.

If you have suspicions about a post please click the report link so that moderators and admin can investigate for you.

Bob
12th September 2019

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#2 2019-09-11 20:16:35

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: malware warning

Man, I clicked the link and after reading this post decided to scan my computer at work and indeed there's a virus.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#3 2019-09-11 22:33:04

Bob
Administrator

hi Monox D. I-Fly

Wow!  Am I glad I made this post. 

Best wishes!

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2019-09-12 14:13:12

Monox D. I-Fly

Thanks for the notice, bob bundy! Hope everything is fine now.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer