Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-23 16:27:29

turtleeey

Dont Click This

Thank you for clicking this! Lol, hi I like math but sometimes I'm not that focused on actually doing it if it takes me a while to understand how to do the problems. I want to say thank you so, so much for making this website. I found this website by looking up help on how to solve math problems, of course, and never gave this website a second thought until now because I have a 62% in Pre-Calculus. I'm happy that I understand the Law of Sine/Cosine and Combinations and Permutations now because before I didn't care enough to understand. I always wanted to be really good at math and have a career in technology building A.I. robots and also designing them because I'm a great artist but I lack motivation a lot. This website is very good at explaining math and that subject is a key in computer programming, alongside problem solving.

So I hope that I become a great programmer and have a good job, because things aren't looking too good for me and I'm supposed to graduate this May. I actually like math, unlike most of my friends, and people wouldn't believe that because of how I do in school. I think I'm capable of doing as well as excelling students I just don't put enough effort into, sadly.

Uh, this intro is weird, lol. Thanks again. I hope I get great coding tips, too. Don't ask about which language I'm learning, it's Python. I know a lot of HTML and CSS, but that's just web coding, not the real deal (jk). smile

#2 2018-04-23 18:49:38

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Dont Click This

Hi turtleeey,

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2018-05-01 11:31:28

Mathegocart

Welcome

The integral of hope is reality.
May bobbym have a wonderful time in the pearly gates of heaven.
He will be sorely missed.

#4 2018-10-10 01:00:34

Βεν Γ. Κυθισ

turtleeey wrote:

I found this website by looking up help on how to solve math problems, of course,

I found this site in a similar way! I wanted to know what the trigonometric functions were, specifically sine, cosine, and tangent. And the Math is Fun page was one of the top results that wasn't a Wikipedia article that expects you to know everything else in the field.

#5 2018-10-10 01:08:26

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi Βεν Γ. Κυθισ,

Welcome to the forum!

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer