Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-16 20:58:52

Monox D. I-Fly

[ASK] Math Type Expressions Got Messed Up

I have Math Type 6.9 in my computer and everyone of my coworkers has it but there's a problem with mine. Sometimes when I've been working for hours, the math expression I copied from Math Type couldn't get pasted to Microsoft Word (I tried the Save option via Math Type plugin too, and when the problem occured the expression simply didn't appear). After that, usually I closed the file and reopen it, but often there was an error message saying there's an unexplained error. The computer then needs to be restarted, but when I open the file and clicked the expression, the Math Type showed another expression I wrote somewhere, sometimes even from another file! For example, I wrote a limit expression. After the problem occured and I restarted my computer, when I clicked the limit expression, the Math Type showed a fraction I wrote in another place instead. All Math Type expressions in the file seemed to be switched randomly. The IT technician has tried to reinstall both Microsoft Word and Math Type in my computer, but the same problem still occurs. Can somebody here tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#2 2018-03-18 16:28:02

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Re: [ASK] Math Type Expressions Got Messed Up

Instead of using Math Type, how about you start using LaTeX?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#3 2018-03-18 20:11:12

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: [ASK] Math Type Expressions Got Messed Up

All the typesetters use Math Type. If I work for myself I would just choose Microsoft Equation, honestly.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer