Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-08 03:10:09

zetafunc
Website

[sup] and [sub] tags?

A long time ago -- when I used to post on here as a guest -- I remember being able to post text between [sup] and [sub] tags, so that I could convert my text to superscript or subscript text. Is there any chance of bringing those tags back? They also make some of the older posts a little hard to read, since it seems that a while ago [sup] and [sub] tags were used a fair amount.

If this isn't possible, then is there a way to type in LaTeX without it starting a new line?

#2 2015-12-02 16:06:07

Monox D. I-Fly

Re: [sup] and [sub] tags?

Isn't a[sup]b[/sup] equal with [tex]a^b[/tex] and a[sub]b[/sub] equal with [tex]a_b[/tex]?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#3 2015-12-09 23:43:57

zetafunc
Website

Re: [sup] and [sub] tags?

No, not quite: on this forum, if you want to write LaTeX without adding a (unwanted) line break, you need to add a pair of empty math tags to the beginning of that line in addition to writing your LaTeX, whereas previously adding the [sup] and [sub] tags was far more convenient.

Board footer