Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-12-27 13:01:16

Wodd

Deducing that Fiction Is Indeed Real

So, you want some code, eh? Here is some code for you. Hopefully this logic will help you understand that fiction (and fake things) (I will describe that second.) are indeed real.

1 using nonexistent as the opposite of real;
2 Item_X = anything;
3 if(Item_X exists in the world of nonfiction && Item_X does not exist in the world of fiction)
4 Item_X is real.;
5 elseif(Item_X exists in the world of fiction && Item_X does not exist in the world of nonfiction)
6 Item_X is real.; //I think that this can be considered "Confusion: Part 1 of 2" for most people.
7 elseif(Item_X exists in the world of fiction && Item_X exists in the world of nonfiction)
8 Item_X is real.; //I think that this can be considered "Confusion: Part 2 of 2" for most people.
9 else
10 Item_X does not exist in either world and thus is not real.;

Now for the term fake:
I think of this as a synonym for false. A common example is fake fruit. Using the logic above, it is real due to its existence. It is fake, however, because it supplies no sustenance (because it is generally made of plastic, which does not supply sustenance that I am aware of).

I love Daisy!

#2 2012-05-24 22:48:27

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Re: Deducing that Fiction Is Indeed Real

Hi Wodd;
I guess it would be easier for you to use the OR operator rather than && operator?
Does anyone agree?

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#3 2012-05-25 00:42:05

bobbym
bumpkin

Re: Deducing that Fiction Is Indeed Real

Hi Agnishom;

It sure does look like or is correct.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

Board footer