Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-25 11:43:29

Agnishom
Real Member
Website

Interesting Software Tools for Computer Math

Today 666bro sent me an email asking

666bro wrote:

I'm intended to learn mathematical softwares especially open source one which is the good one to start with?

Here is what I wrote back:

Here are some tools you could try learning. They are related to mathematics but they are very very different things.

(1) R for statistics: This is a useful tool for making plots and graphs for your data.
(2) Sage for computer algebra: This is a swiss army knife tool - equivalent to mathematica. Tutorial should give you some idea of what you can do with it.
(3) Lean for verified proofs: In Lean, you can write the proof of a theorem and get the computer to check that your proof is correct. Check out Learning Lean and especially the "Natural Numbers Game".
(4) Z3: Z3 is a general purpose reasoning tool that can be used to solve puzzles or check large scale formulas written in a certain language. Tutorial

'And fun? If maths is fun, then getting a tooth extraction is fun. A viral infection is fun. Rabies shots are fun.'
'God exists because Mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove it'
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

#2 2023-05-07 23:19:30

willaim22
Novice

Re: Interesting Software Tools for Computer Math

Mathematica: Mathematica is a popular software tool used for advanced mathematics and computation. It provides a comprehensive set of tools for symbolic and numerical computations, visualization, and programming.

MATLAB: MATLAB is a widely used tool for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. It is particularly useful for engineering, science, and mathematical applications.

Maple: Maple is another popular tool for advanced mathematics and computation. It provides a variety of tools for symbolic and numerical computations, visualization, and programming.

SageMath: SageMath is a free, open-source software tool for advanced mathematics and computation. It provides a variety of tools for symbolic and numerical computations, visualization, and programming.

Maxima: Maxima is a free, open-source computer algebra system that is particularly useful for symbolic computations in mathematics, science, and engineering.

GeoGebra: GeoGebra is a free, open-source dynamic mathematics software tool that combines geometry, algebra, and calculus. It provides an interactive environment for exploring mathematical concepts and visualizing mathematical relationships.

R: <a href="http://makeatea.com/earl-grey-tea-benefits/">R</a> is a popular programming language and software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It provides a wide range of tools for data analysis, modeling, and visualization.

These are just a few examples of the many interesting software tools available for computer math. Depending on your needs and interests, there may be other tools that are better suited to your particular application.

Board footer