Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-18 16:50:16

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bitter Quotes

Bitter Quotes

1. The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. - Aristotle

2. There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth. - Chanakya

3. We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter. - Denis Diderot

4. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

5. I firmly believe that unless one has tasted the bitter pill of failure, one cannot aspire enough for success. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

6. It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations. - Barack Obama

7. Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education. - Mark Twain

8. But O, how bitter a thing it is to look into happiness through another man's eyes. - William Shakespeare

9. Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause. - Victor Hugo

10. Much of your pain is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. - Khalil Gibran

11. Children sweeten labours, but they make misfortunes more bitter. - Francis Bacon

12. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans - born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace. - John F. Kennedy

13. It is not my nature, when I see a people borne down by the weight of their shackles - the oppression of tyranny - to make their life more bitter by heaping upon them greater burdens; but rather would I do all in my power to raise the yoke than to add anything that would tend to crush them. - Abraham Lincoln

14. She gave up beauty in her tender youth, gave all her hope and joy and pleasant ways; she covered up her eyes lest they should gaze on vanity, and chose the bitter truth. - Christina Rossetti

15. Death is less bitter punishment than death's delay. - Ovid

16. I am neither bitter nor cynical but I do wish there was less immaturity in political thinking. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

17. Remorse sleeps during prosperity but awakes bitter consciousness during adversity. - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

18. I refuse to let what happened to me make me bitter.- Nicole Kidman

19. I have learned that a bitter experience can make you stronger. - Mel Gibson

20. My childhood did not prepare me for the fact that the world is full of cruel and bitter things. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

21. I have a relatively sunny spirit, and I always had the expectation that my path through life would be relatively sunny, no matter what happened. I have never allowed myself to be bitter. - Angela Merkel

22. There is little for the great part of the history of the world except the bitter tears of pity and the hot tears of wrath. - Woodrow Wilson

23. It is so much more difficult to live with one's body than with one's soul. One's body is so much more exacting: what it won't have it won't have, and nothing can make bitter into sweet. - D. H. Lawrence

24. Sadat was a great and good man, and his most bitter and dangerous enemies were people who were obsessed with hatred for his peaceful goals. - Jimmy Carter

25. The task of the government is not only to pour honey into a cup, but sometimes to give bitter medicine. - Vladimir Putin

26. The way things have gone in my life, sure, I could have been a bitter person. But I just find bitter people really un-fun, you know? And who wants to be that person? - Drew Barrymore

27. My songs are not angry or bitter, because I am not bitter. I'm hopeful, and as an artist I have to be, not just for my future or for the future of my children but for the whole world. - Gulzar

28. Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous. - David Ogilvy

29. I mean, I can get things done if I need to, but I can really be completely irresponsible and procrastinate until the very, very, very bitter end. In fact, sometimes I work better under pressure. - Cameron Diaz

30. As much as the South African racist regime is prepared to fight to the last man, so are we determined to fight to the bitter end. - Winnie Madikizela-Mandela.

202770-bitter-gourd.webp?w=940&dpr=1.3

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer