Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-14 09:30:51

ColorfulGalaxy
Website

Deleted post

Excuse me. They said that I had 10 posts but only 9 showed up. Where is the other one?
I guess I must have broken the rules, but I didn't even receive an email message.

xp8_4b23021eaz57840c4d2

#2 2022-11-14 12:58:19

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: Deleted post

Hi ColorfulGalaxy,

In all probability, the post has been deleted as spam. Check the fourm rules once again.

Moreover, there aren't messages send for deleting posts.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2022-11-14 22:41:03

Bob
Administrator

From time to time I check out the new members list to weed out any who have only joined to post adverts or spam.  The list shows adiministrators how many posts a member had made.  This number is usually wrong such as showing one post when there are none.  It may be that the counting for this has a bug or it may be that the forum software automatically removes posts that break the rules.

Good if it's working properly but not good if it is taking away genuine posts. At the very least it would help if I knew what's being removed, then maybe I could work out why.  If you are able to recreate your missing post please put it here so I can try to help.  This has happened to another member recently so I'd like to get to the reason.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#4 2022-11-14 23:52:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Hi,

I have been removing posts which are advertisements, improper for children and the ladies, and some irrelevant posts.

In such cases, I am forced to delete them.

This I do in good faith.

In the interests of the members and the forum.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#5 2022-11-16 11:56:40

zetafunc
Website

It is also possible that you'd posted a reply to a thread and then the entire thread was later deleted. This could have happened if, for example, a bot joined the forum and posted a fake maths question (with an advertisement link in their signature or hidden somewhere in their post) and then multiple members started discussing the (fake) question. In that case all of the participating members' posts could have been deleted -- however we tend to do this only as a last resort so as not to disturb any (useful) ongoing discussion between members.

Board footer