Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-10 17:36:06

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Fall Quotes - 2

Fall Quotes - 2

1. It sounds like a cliche but I also learnt that you're not going to fall for the right person until you really love yourself and feel good about how you are. - Emma Watson

2. If a leader doesn't convey passion and intensity then there will be no passion and intensity within the organization and they'll start to fall down and get depressed. - Colin Powell

3. I had to fight; I had to fall, and I had to get hurt to be where I am. - Dhanush

4. The League is very well when sparrows shout, but no good at all when eagles fall out. - Benito Mussolini

5. All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind. - Khalil Gibran

6. I like the challenge of trying different things and wondering whether it's going to work or whether I'm going to fall flat on my face. - Johnny Depp

7. This man is freed from servile bands, Of hope to rise, or fear to fall; Lord of himself, though not of lands, And leaving nothing, yet hath all. - Lord Byron

8. If the Great Way perishes there will morality and duty. When cleverness and knowledge arise great lies will flourish. When relatives fall out with one another there will be filial duty and love. When states are in confusion there will be faithful servants. - Lao Tzu

9. Every stumble is not a fall, and every fall does not mean failure. - Oprah Winfrey

10. I noticed words crudely spray-painted upon the wall, perhaps by a young Berliner: 'This wall will fall. Beliefs become reality.' Yes, across Europe, this wall will fall. For it cannot withstand faith; it cannot withstand truth. The wall cannot withstand freedom. - Ronald Reagan

11. Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with. - Robert Frost

12. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other. - Abraham Lincoln

13. You can't just give a speech and expect people to fall down and agree with you. - Hillary Clinton

14. I know that being seen as a role model means taking responsibility for all my actions. I am human, and of course, sometimes I make mistakes. But I promise that when I fall, I get back up. - Jennifer Lopez

15. Do not meet or overtake a patient who is moving about in order to speak to him or to give him any message or letter. You might just as well give him a box on the ear. I have seen a patient fall flat on the ground who was standing when his nurse came into the room. - Florence Nightingale

16. Every child deserves to grow up knowing their potential and feeling confident that they won't fall at the first hurdle - that they cope with life's setbacks. - Kate Middleton

17. You can't choose who you fall in love with, you know? - Kate Winslet

18. I like to control everything, and you cannot control everything. You have to at some point say, 'I let go and I'm going to let the cards fall where they fall... For a control freak, it's hard. - Naomi Campbell

19. It is not likely that posterity will fall in love with us, but not impossible that it may respect or sympathize; so a man would rather leave behind him the portrait of his spirit than a portrait of his face. - Robert Louis Stevenson

20. I don't like to watch my own movies - I fall asleep in my own movies. - Robert De Niro

21. You can't strategize falling in love, can you? It's never worked. People love you the most and set you up, and it doesn't work because you can't predict these things. You fall in love serially. - Meryl Streep

22. Another mode of accumulating power arises from lifting a weight and then allowing it to fall. - Charles Babbage

23. It is not funny that anything else should fall down; only that a man should fall down. Why do we laugh? Because it is a gravely religious matter: it is the Fall of Man. Only man can be absurd: for only man can be dignified. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

24. Oh, I would love to be a motivational speaker. I have pulled myself out of a million potholes, and I can see the potholes ahead of me. That doesn't mean that I could always do that so perfectly for my own life. I totally fall in potholes. - Drew Barrymore

25. From my close observation of writers... they fall into two groups: 1) those who bleed copiously and visibly at any bad review, and 2) those who bleed copiously and secretly at any bad review. - Isaac Asimov

26. So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground. - Oprah Winfrey

27. The desire of excessive power caused the angels to fall; the desire of knowledge caused men to fall. - Francis Bacon

28. To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short. - Confucius

29. Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

30. You fall in love, and it completely consumes you. - Selena Gomez

31. Without vanity, without coquetry, without curiosity, in a word, without the fall, woman would not be woman. Much of her grace is in her frailty. - Victor Hugo

32. The discipline that ballet requires is obsessive. And only the ones who dedicate their whole lives are able to make it. Your toenails fall off and you peel them away and then you're asked to dance again and keep smiling. I wanted to become a professional ballet dancer. - Penelope Cruz.

17_22586_7ae51c98-23e0-4f3e-a778-b8e6cc05d6b0.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer