Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-23 17:18:37

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Answer Quotes

Answer Quotes

1. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. - Bruce Lee

2. Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy

3. When the gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers. - Oscar Wilde

4. For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. - Steve Jobs

5. There are four questions of value in life, Don Octavio. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love. - Lord Byron

6. The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is 'What does a woman want?' - Sigmund Freud

7. Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference. - Barack Obama

8. The shortest answer is doing the thing. - Ernest Hemingway

9. At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want. - Lao Tzu

10. Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer. - Muhammad Ali

11. I was gratified to be able to answer promptly, and I did. I said I didn't know. - Mark Twain

12. Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then be trusted with the government of others? Or have we found angels in the form of kings to govern him? Let history answer this question. - Thomas Jefferson

13. When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' - Theodore Roosevelt

14. Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals. - Napoleon Bonaparte

15. I am just a child who has never grown up. I still keep asking these 'how' and 'why' questions. Occasionally, I find an answer. - Stephen Hawking

16. The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration. - Pearl S. Buck

17. No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious. - George Bernard Shaw

18. I talk to myself all the time. Just make sure you answer. - Matthew McConaughey

19. Forgiveness is the answer to the child's dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is made clean again. - Dag Hammarskjold

20. I am not bound to please thee with my answer. - William Shakespeare

21. Whence come I and whither go I? That is the great unfathomable question, the same for every one of us. Science has no answer to it. - Max Planck

22. If you only do things where you know the answer in advance, your company goes away. - Jeff Bezos

23. People talk to people who perceive nothing, who have open eyes and see nothing; they shall talk to them and receive no answer; they shall adore those who have ears and hear nothing; they shall burn lamps for those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

24. I lived in constant terror of being asked a question in class. Even if I knew the answer, I was never able to tell it before the class. - Frederick Banting

25. Now, people when I say that look at me and say, 'What are you talking about, Joe? You're telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?'. The answer is yes, that's what I'm telling you. - Joe Biden

26. It vexes me when they would constrain science by the authority of the Scriptures, and yet do not consider themselves bound to answer reason and experiment. - Galileo Galilei

27. All my stepchildren carried the burden of my fame. Sometimes they would read terrible things about me, and I'd worry about whether it would hurt them. I would tell them: 'Don't hide these things from me. I'd rather you ask me these things straight out, and I'll answer all your questions.' - Marilyn Monroe

28. A mind lively and at ease, can do with seeing nothing, and can see nothing that does not answer. - Jane Austen

29. It's a very good question, very direct, and I'm not going to answer it. - George H. W. Bush

30. The idea that everyone should slavishly work so they do something inefficiently so they keep their job - that just doesn't make any sense to me. That can't be the right answer. - Larry Page

31. The beauty and riddle in studying the motives of any politician is in trying to decide what is idealism and what is self-interest, and often we are left to conclude that the answer is a mixture of the two. - Boris Johnson

32. It will be in the convergence of evolutionary biology, developmental biology and cancer biology that the answer to cancer will lie. Nor will this confluence be a one-way street. - Paul Davies.

Question-Answer-300x200.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer