Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-22 17:52:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Another Quotes

Another Quotes

1. Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2. Never, never and never again shall it be that this beautiful land will again experience the oppression of one by another. - Nelson Mandela

3. God has given you one face, and you make yourself another. - William Shakespeare

4. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. - Audrey Hepburn

5. But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Khalil Gibran

6. Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

7. Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances. - Thomas Jefferson

8. Don't limit a child to your own learning, for he was born in another time. - Rabindranath Tagore

9. It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

10. I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. - Winston Churchill

11. Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning. - Desmond Tutu

12. Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood. All is riddle, and the key to a riddle is another riddle. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

13. A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman makes a fool of him in twenty minutes. - Robert Frost

14. No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent. - Abraham Lincoln

15. Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet. - Plato

16. Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see. - Helen Keller

17. God lets everything happen for a reason. It's all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another. - Mike Tyson

18. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. - Bruce Lee

19. The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. - Benjamin Disraeli

20. When one door is closed, don't you know, another is open. - Bob Marley

21. Beauty is the only thing that time cannot harm. Philosophies fall away like sand, creeds follow one another, but what is beautiful is a joy for all seasons, a possession for all eternity. - Oscar Wilde

22. Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another. - Immanuel Kant

23. To love another person is to see the face of God. - Victor Hugo

24. The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth. - Niels Bohr

25. Football is great because you always have another opportunity to change history. - Ronaldo

26. Man is an animal that makes bargains: no other animal does this - no dog exchanges bones with another. - Adam Smith

27. The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. - George Washington

28. The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. - Nikola Tesla

29. The atom bomb was no 'great decision.' It was merely another powerful weapon in the math of righteousness. - Harry S Truman

30. To refuse awards is another way of accepting them with more noise than is normal. - Mark Twain

31. The image is one thing and the human being is another. It's very hard to live up to an image, put it that way. - Elvis Presley

32. If one way be better than another, that you may be sure is nature's way. - Aristotle

33. He that is discontented in one place will seldom be happy in another. - Aesop

34. Who does not desire such a victory by which we shall join places in our Kingdom, so far divided by nature, and for which we shall set up trophies in another conquered world? - Alexander the Great

35. What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

36. All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. - Leo Tolstoy

37. Originality is nothing but judicious imitation. The most original writers borrowed one from another. - Voltaire

38. He that has done you a kindness will be more ready to do you another, than he whom you yourself have obliged. - Benjamin Franklin

39. Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness. - Blaise Pascal

40. Independence? That's middle class blasphemy. We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth. - George Bernard Shaw

41. The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration. - Pearl S. Buck

42. The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping - Dale Carnegie.

other-vs-another.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer